Celebration (Part II)!

I think I have completed my (year long) transition to Lutron Caseta for my lighting controls. Today I replaced the last two "dumb" switches with Caseta Dimmers. This also means that (as of December) I have removed the last of the GE Z-Wave (non-Plus) switches that I found so frustrating.

Many thanks to everyone that chimed in on the discussion I started over a year ago. Special thanks to the Hubitat team for sharing their insights and experiences with Lutron.

10 Likes

Same here … the majority of my wired lighting and non-CT lamps are Lutron Caseta (30 total). I would love to put one at my sink but I have a brown colored switch requirement, so I am left with using a GE Zwave dimmer with brown switch cover. I did try (when I had wink) to disassemble a Lutron Connected Bulb remote and spray paint the buttons brown … worked OK, but not as clean as if were injection molded. If my GE dimmer becomes problematic, I may go that route on a Caseta dimmer.

Their prices for colors are crazy!

Yea … and they don't have brown! For me, I'd bite the bullet if I could get it … its just for one switch.