Catastrophic ZWave failure over night 41/47 devices failed

Forgive me if we’ve covered this before, but did you ask support to look at the engineering logs, and since I see we were talking about coding a work-around above was there a zwaveCrashed event captured? Any other events logged that could point to a cause (low memory, high cpu, etc.)?

1 Like

Animated GIF

Can you post your z-wave settings page?

1 Like

Yes the firmware is buggy. But it appears to me only in certain cases ie s chatty device causes it to delay acks for the rest of the devices and they also get too chatty and the net crashes. I have had one crash too and tracked it down most likely to a bad device. Not to say it doesn't needs to be fixed but my guess is you have something going on with your mesh/ devices to aggravate the issue. Definately reach out to support.

1 Like

It is the same issue as reported to support previously so have not reported again as it is a known issue.

Not sure what specifically you want me to post, can you be more specific please?

I am radically reducing the number of zwave devices so it should help to relieve the issues.

I will move zwave devices to a gen 5 controller and watch out for Hubitat zwave controller updates, if that seems to work, then I can return to using zwave on Hubitat.

Go to Settings tab, Zwave Details. Screenshot that page. It should have a table of your Zwave devices by number, name, etc.

2 Likes

Trying to work out how to post it here, looks like it will many screen shots unless there is a way to export it.

Lots of screenshots are fine.

2 Likes