Cast-Web - Cannot get property 'input' on null object

New version of Cast-web came out over the weekend. Looks great. I too tried to port the code over and am seeing the same thing with the drop down. It finds my devices but doesn't put anything in the dropdown.

Was any progress made on this?

Thanks

I actually pulled that version down and started from scratch again as well. I can see the devices in the logs but the device array is coming out with null values. Still more work to do unfortunately.

Just checking in to see if any progress was made. The assistant-relay hasn't worked for me since Google played around with the backend. Seems this affected a lot of people.

Would be great to have another option. Hoping this can be sorted out.

I got the discovery working along with basic control for cast-web, but I haven't tested the other functions extensively.

Repo here: GitHub - jp0550/smartthings at hubitat

Discovery issue details here.

Seems odd that this is only affect some people. I'm running assistant relay with no issue. Might be slow to activate, as i've seen others post that it didn't work, but then suddenly did. I had the similar experience when playing with the updated code from @ogiewon for the [CC] send silent command and [CCC] send silent command with response options.

However, assistant relay does not support playing a sound file, so casting would be a very welcome addition!

Thanks for your work on this, guys.

I've ported the newest Dev branch of cast-web-api over to HE. This allows you to use the broadcast functionality by "speaking" to a device, rather than issuing HTTP requests. It also sets up all your GH devices as normal speakers as well.

https://github.com/ryancasler/Hubitat_Ryan/tree/master/cast-web-api

There's two devices and an app to install. Once installed, you can follow the instructions within that app. You have to have a google project set up the same way you do for Assistant Relay. I just find this a lot simpler than relay.

Can your port also still function for SmartThings? In other words, if I still want to keep SmartThings do I need to run two versions of the API? One for ST and one for HE?

Thanks in advance!

No, just one should work.

1 Like

Finally got around to looking in your git repo. I misunderstood. You just have device handlers to fix the TTS. You didn't need to make API changes. I had misunderstood initially. I thought I was going to find another branch of cast-web-api.

Your handlers work great though. Thank you. I noticed that if I go into a device and toggle the "Use Google's TTS voice" toggle TTS doesn't work with any of the languages selected. Any idea why?

I don't but I think it has to do with the way that the request is sent to Google's TTS service. You have to use the native Amazon Poly service. Those DRIVERS (not handlers, handlers are ST) are setup to work with the latest dev version of cast-web. Not sure how well they'll work with the generally released branch.

Drivers, handlers, it's all the same thing. It's all groovy and it's almost all the same code. No sense splitting hairs.

GitHub - vervallsweg/cast-web-api at v1.1.0, right? The dns library that vervallsweg switched to is so unstable it won't complete discovery when I run it. DEV branch is out for now. Guess I'll just run with this for now.