Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

Remind me not to come over for your annual "Spanish Specialties Night." :wink:

2 Likes

To me that's just another excuse NOT to have cameras. If there's no photos/video, it never happened. Then you can establish your own set of facts...

"How did you get these burns?"

"There I was, minding my own business, when I noticed this old lady and her cat trapped on the second story of a burning house..."

4 Likes

I now get more requests than eye rolls. I don't know if that's acceptance or surrender

1 Like

14 Likes

How do you go about getting that post to hide/collapse like that?

3 Likes

Me to, as a matter of fact, I have several I need to start sending Into Pen Realm to get the nibs tuned. I have found the Zep Hand Sanitizer is pretty good at getting most of the ink off my hands.

The best part of using a fountain pen is not only that people don't steal my pens, but they are also usually very eager to return them.

I use Greg Minuskin as my nibmeister... People still ask to borrow my fountain pen and I usually just say "no."

6 Likes
Click me

2 Likes

16 Likes

OMG...every time I see stuff like this just makes my skin crawl! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

2 Likes

The second one is the modern-day equivalent of what we actually did when I was a kid. If a fuse blew, and we didn't have another, we learned that was what copper pennies were for. I can clearly remember standing in a damp basement using my finger to place a copper penny in the socket to bypass the fuse .. with the main breaker on, of course.

2 Likes

We may not be the greatest generation, but maybe we're the luckiest? :wink:

5 Likes

The first photo..... well maybe thinning of the herd.

Fortunately the second photo will not accomplish what's implied, at least for most brand of breakers. Breakers will still trip even if the handle is held in the ON position.

2 Likes

Sounds like @HAL9000 wasted any number of hours of his childhood holding the breaker while his father would "...try this one more time..." :smiley:

1 Like

Oh my!
And children, THIS is what a bad idea looks like.
(while I'm still laughing...)

1 Like

That poor mans breaker finder brings back memories, In my great uncle's tool kit he had a two blade plug with a momentary switch on the back. It was made by GE and used at the auto plant to do exactly as stated, pop the breaker or fuse to debug assembly line circuits. I still have it here somewhere I'll post a picture if I find it. I do remember as a young kid I plugged it unto the garage circuit and pushed the button and it really did pop the fuse that we were using at the time. I got grounded for a day using it.

2 Likes

Sounds like you were a real live wire as a kid.... Parents wouldn't take a neutral stance?

8 Likes

I was thinking of saying we are the lucky generation for having you all here... But thought it was too cheesy...

But looks like I'm in good company....

3 Likes