Capture & Restore issue with Hue Go Light?

The capture/restore does not work on the Hue Go Light.

While the light is Off, if I run something like this:

Well after 5 sec, the light turns On and in Blue....
I think the device on/off status is not captured or something.

Can you please show a screenshot of the rule?

Also, are you using parentheses in your device labels? Perhaps this statement from the HE staff might apply?

https://community.hubitat.com/t/device-name-vs-device-label-in-drivers/5735/6?u=halfrican.ak

And the device edit screen?

Voilà

Rule:

Device:

Maybe you're right about the parentheses...let me do some more tests.

Nop, still not working right.

Light still turning on and with a Blue color :frowning:

And what was the light actually set to before you pressed the button?

I just tested the exact same action with a Hue RGBW light that was in CT mode before the event and it restored to the correct CT after turning to green for 5 seconds.

I think that was the issue...
The light had a state of On in Hubitat, even though the light was Off.

But now, my question is why the State says On when the light was in fact Off.
Hitting refresh on the Hue Light get me this in the log:
"refresh disabled, refresh is controlled by the Hue bridge integration"

Should I force a Refresh of the Hue Bridge once and a while?

Do you frequently make changes to your hue lights outside of HE? If so, you will most likely run into this frequently. Refreshing the Hue bulb will do nothing. The only thing that will update the light is to refresh the hub. Make sure that your hub integration is set to poll Hue every minute. That way it will only be out of sync that long.

So I should run this command once in a while, right?

What about if I do it just before Capturing my Hue Lights?

And BTW, I'm not changing hue lights from outside of HE.

If you have the hue integration set to pill every minute you cannot manually refresh it. I have found that even if the poll setting is set sometimes it doesn't properly schedule the recurring polling unless you change the setting to disabled and back to every minute once after setting up the integration. It's under the advanced settings of the he hue integration.

Ok, setting changed (disabled - 1 min)
Now we'll see if it helps.

Thanks for the tip. Really appreciated.

P.S. So no need to use "Refresh Device" on my Hue Bridge, right?

Correct, in fact if you look at the logging it will say "manual refresh disabled" when you try to use it.

If you don't change your Hue lights from outside HE, then how did they become unsynced from HE in the first place. That shouldn't happen.

No idea...but I've had another issue tonight. Capture/Restore did not work as expected.

Will work on it.

I can confirm, something is not right with capture/restore under certain conditions:

Hue Light is Off, CamsAlert is On
If I push button 1, I get this:

See the issue here (look at top 4 lines)

Even though the log says "Restore: Hue go 1 (cuisine), the Restore command only act on the last Capture. In this case the CamsAlert Switch.
So my Hue go light stays On.

You cannot have two captures like that. You have to have one capture and one restore. Why don't you capture both devices in one statement and then restore both in the same statement? That seems like it would be a lot simpler to me.

Not really, because I want to restore one device 15 secs after the event and the second 2 mins after.
For now what I had to do is save the device state in a variable and reset the status later using the variable value.

But you are capturing some and then capturing others. I don't think that Rule Machine can do that. @bravenel, is that possible? To have two Capture clauses in the same rule?
Example Action:
Capture Device A
Capture Device B
Something else
Restore Device A
Restore Device B

Wouldn't you have to do it as:
Capture Device A and Device B
Something Else
Restore device A
Restore Device b

I don't mind capturing all devices at the same time, as long as we are able to restore on a device by device basis. That would be great :slight_smile:

Well...give that a try.