Can't pair BSEED Zigbee Electric Floor Heating Thermostat

Hello,

I have a Hubitat C8 v2.3.7.145 and am trying to pair a BSEED Zigbee Electric Floor Heating Thermostat / Controller

I bought it after seeing somebody else posting that they had it working okay with somebody's custom driver.

I can't seem to get it to pair at all, and I've tried all of the various pairing modes.

The instructions are a bit lacking, there is no apparent way to put the device into pairing mode, or to reset it. Does anybody have any ideas? It has the usual Tuya zigbee chipset by the looks of it.

There is nothing in the logs to suggest anything is happening at all (just starting discovery/stopping discovery messages) and I've tried placing my C8 within a few feet of this new device.

The pairing procedure should be hidden somewhere in the leaflet included in the box.. You will need a magnifying glass and a good understanding of the 'special English' ... : )

Try pressing the up and down keys simultaneously for 5-10 seconds when the thermostat is switched off. The WiFi symbol should start blinking.

Is your device clearly marked on the thermostat box as having a Zigbee interface?

The printed instructions just say 'Before first use, must pair to hub' :smiley: Thanks for that!!

I didn't notice at first there is a tiny QR code which upon scanning took me to a video that shows how to put it in pairing mode. To save anybody else pulling their hair out, this is the way to pair it:

• Turn the power on to the device
  • Press the soft power button to turn off the display
  • Hold down the down down arrow key for about 5 seconds until the wifi-like icon flashes
  • Now start pairing in Hubitat

Just need to get the Tuya Wall Mount Thermostat working properly now, for a start it seems to think the set point is in 100ths of a degree so if I send 20, it sets to 0.2 degrees. Also can switch the device off, but not back on again.

• manufacturer: _TZE204_5toc8efa
  • model: TS0601

I'll go over to the existing thread for driver related stuff....

1 Like