Can't get physical switch to carry out an action

I've got some Zigbee light switches: Approved Smart ZigBee Light Switch Dimmer PowerPoint AlexaGoogle Home Automation | eBay

They are working with drivers that @mike has supplied here: Australian approved light switches

My issue is that when I physically press the button and see the device going to on or off status in HE, I can't get a rule to trigger something off of it. Here is the very simple rule I created, any tips?

I've tried "Physical Switch" as well as just "Switch"

The driver is not making that distinction when sending the events, hence that feature not being functional.

I'm beginning to think I've made a mistake in purchasing those switches. They are a niche product for a niche platform in a niche country :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if it's ever going to work if you dont define a condition. It will never be "true".

This works for me, for keeping two of these switches in sync (at opposite ends of the hall). I have other rules for off and originating on the other switch too

2 Likes

Yep as @mike said, you have a triggered rule with no conditions or rules. Delete it and put the same thing (without the physical distinction) into a trigger and see if that works.

I'm with @mike.maxwell on this one. If you look at the driver you linked to, there is no distinction between physical on and just on. So, you won't be able to distinguish between software turning the switch on and a physical press.