Can't get into zwave exclude?

I've seem to run into a very strange bug on the latest 2.2.9 build.

The Zwave exclude button on the zwave settings page doesn't seem to do anything. I remember before when this was clicked, a message would pop up saying the hub was in exclude mode. Now I get nothing. I can't seem to be able to get the hub into exclude mode anymore.

Ideas?

Open live logs in another browser tab, hit the exclude button again. Anything show up in the log?

nothing at all in the logs. button does nada..

Yeah that’s strange. Works fine for me on the most recent firmware.

Maybe try rebooting the z-wave radio? Shut down the hub, then remove power for at least 30 seconds, then power back up.

Tried that.. no luck. Tried chrome instead of Edge.. no luck. Even tried a different PC.

Just can't seem to initiate exclude mode on the hub at all

well, that is very weird. Tried it a few more times and eventually I got exclude mode enabled (no popup, just the log entry). I quickly excluded the device I wanted excluded. Popops disabled, etc etc.. Strange, but it did work.

This looks like the same thing as:

Tagging @bcopeland so that he is aware.

1 Like

Yep, same thing--the Settings page has never give a visual cue, only a log entry. Not sure why this question is popping up more now, but I'm guessing it might be because the "regular" page to add devices got changed up a bit and it's hard to remember how (and where) it used to be. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes something has changed for the worst. you used to be able to exclude using your phone and on the same page you would see a message saying something had been excluded. Now you need at least 2 pages. Please revert back to how it used to be!

As mentioned above, the "Settings" page never had any visual cues--it has been only in the logs since day 1 (or at least day 2 or 3--I was using the platform then :slight_smile: ).

What you are looking for is the "Start Z-Wave Exclusion" button you can get to from the page where you can add new devices, accesible from the button at the top of the "Devices" page. This is slightly newer, and the wording of the button at the top of the "Devices" page has changed a few times along with the layout of the page it takes you to, but it's ultimately the same functionality there as it's been for a long time (just not quite as long).

Thanks!