Can't get geofencing to work for wife

My wife and I have the same Android phones. Both are listed as devices in Hubitat. She gets the same alerts on her phone as I do so I know her phone is integrated with Hubitat. The map is set up properly with the pin on our house. When I leave the app correctly changes my presence status to Away. When my wife leaves her presence status does not change to Away. If I change it manually to Away it stays that way even when she returns home. There is no documentation on how to setup geofencing for multiple phones that I have been able to find. Any suggestions on how to get Hubitat to recognize the presence status of my wife's phone?

It might be either location sharing not fully enabled on her phone or a power saving setting on her phone that is not letting the app report it's location often. Look into the permissions for that app and see if location history is set to high and that battery saving settings aren't keeping the app from running in the background.

1 Like

I suspect this is correct. My wife seems to run her phone at just above completely dead most of the time, so the power saving mode kicks in and you don’t get Geolocation data then.

I’ve given up on Geolocation data for my wife. It’s never going to work constantly, so I just enjoy the benefits myself. For her, I just trigger Alarm disarm when she enters her code on the door lock. Arming has to be done manually.

Could also just put like a smarthings presence sensor in her vehicle or purse or keychain. You've probably already thought of this but just thought I would mention for others reading this.