Can't get Alexa to control my lights

I have some IKEA smart plugs installed and working in Hubitat. I want to add Alexa control also. I added the plugs to Amazon Echo Skills. When I ask Alexa to turn on the light it says it can't find the device I name.

The instructions in the tutorials don't work. At least not for me.

Can someone point me to some easy to follow instructions to have Alexa contol the lights or just tell me how to do it?

Do you have HE app installed or HE skill?
I have app (no skill for italian available) and it never worked for me (cannot see my HE virtual switch)... :frowning:

Do you see the plug listed in the Alexa app?

OK. I got it working. I had Hubitat hub security enabled which doesn't allow you to use an email address for the user ID. When you try to link Hubitat to the Alexa app it requires an email address. I had to delete myself as a user turning off Hubitat hub security. I was then able to link Hubitat and Alexa. Not sure what will happen when I try to enable Hubitat hub security.

This seems way more difficult than it should be. But what do I know. I wanted to add a third light to Alexa. I could control the third light with Hubitat but Alexa would not discover it. I had to delete Amazon Echo Skills and unlink Hubitat and Alexa and then start over from the beginning adding Amazon Echo Skills and linking Hubitat to the Alexa app. Alexa was then able to discover all three lights.

No, all you had to do was go into the Alexa app in HE and add the new light.