Can't get a simple notification to work, help?

Didn't work :frowning:

I got a notification, by the way.
on an Android with the Hubitat App installed. What if you try with a different device, a temp sensor or IR detector maybe?
Do you get any notifications to your phone from other rules?

My rule in the default app do not have the "Pushover" text there. What is that?

RogerThat

Appreciate you testing. It appears to be something with this device then, maybe as @Ryan780 pointed out the battery level wasn't reported correctly.
I have no notifications setup, but will setup a few others to try them out.
Pushover is another app that hubitat supports for push notifications.

edit just set up a simple notifier for Front door and it works when the door is unlocked and locked. Seems something with this device is the issue then.

You didn't add the percent as the units though, did you? No one has access to the Notification App, so, someone one staff would have to see why this isn't notifying. You're not receiving any errors in your logs at all?

I did update the units part also (this is taken from the driver code)

I don't see anything in the logs for the Notifier App, when I go into my Front Door lock that I setup notifications with, I don't see the notifications mentioned in the log there.

edit just did the Test notification on my phone via the edit device and that worked, and the logs do not show the notification being pushed to my phone. Seems like notifications aren't logged?

That's not what I asked. If there was something that was causing an error, that would have been logged. You can't turn that part off. And that's a good thing. Other activity will be logged if you turn on the logging either in the driver or in the app. I don't know if you can turn on logging from the notifier app but if you can, that would be helpful.

Can you please show the app's properties page? (The cog wheel). Because your previous one didn't have any event subscriptions which means it won't do anything.

Appreciate your help on this.

Still no Event subscriptions for the Charge Tesla notification (I can post a screenshot if you like)

Event Subscriptions
No Event Subscriptions are set

When I go into the settings for a different, I see Event Subscriptions for that.

Does it still have the schedule job at the bottom?

Please do.

Yeah, it thinks it's notifying you already. That's why it's running that task at the bottom to notify you every minute. I would try deleting the app and rebuilding it. Something got screwed up at some point while you were editing it.

Just deleted that app and made a new version
Still has that clearNotify job

Okay...don't use the same notification devices. Try something different. Doing it the exact same way won't tell us anything.

I created a different Notifier app, just to test what works, and this works perfectly

I think your problem is the notifiy within. Remove that one minute setting. That's what's causing the scheduled job every minute. Do you really want to be notified every minute if the battery is low?

But see, you didn't ....you didn't put the setting in for only once a minute.

I don't want to be every minute, but was just trying to get this to work, and was going to edit it once it was working.
Here is version 3 with once a day selected.

Here it is without once a day selected

Guess I'll go for a drive to test

That's the one!!!

I don't think you want to use only once per minute. It seems that that creates a job that runs every minute whether you are receiving a notification or not...which doesn't sound all that efficient from a resource perspective.

I too created a notification app using battery and I too am not getting any notifications. So, @bobbyD @bravenel it appears there is a bug in Notifications as far as battery levels go. I am not able to create an app that will issue a notification. I'm seeing the same @robmorell is seeing. No devices subscriptions in the app when created.

1 Like

Didn’t work. Had it set for 33% and left with 35%. Now have 30%