Can't find Hub: setting up new hub (new location - vacation property)

went to portal.hubitat.com. Clicked on Find Hubs... Nothing.

tried entering the IP address... no luck.
Opened a cmd prompt and was successfully ping the hub.

I want to say I had better luck using the MAC address (located on the bottom of hub) option...

If you could successfully ping the hub, then you must already know its IP address or hostname and don't need the Portal to find it (besides creating or modifying an optional Hubitat cloud account for things like registration, that is about the only time you'll really need it--otherwise you can just navigate directly to the hub's admin interface yourself with one of those methods). So, the hard part is already done--congratulations. :smiley: While not technically required, I'd recommend reserving a "static" (DHCP reservation) address for you hub in your router. That way, its IP address won't change, and you can reliably count on that to get there every time without needing to use Portal or the hostname.

If you can ping the hub but can't access the web UI, what color is the LED? If it's a C-5 or a C-7, green is good. Blue is questionable--it means the hub is on but the platform software isn't running. Red is shut down. (If this happens to be an older hub, then blue is both of the first two things--no green.) If the regular admin interface doesn't work, can you access the Diagnostic Tool? You might be able to use something there to help. Otherwise, maybe everything is already OK?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.