Can't be this hard

ebay is so annoying sometimes, I dont mind paying a little more to get it from Best Buy or a place i can take it back if necessary. Thanks so much TEAM

4 Likes

No. Too expensive.

2 Likes

For sure get rid of the GE Links.. Those had some bad firmware that would do stupid stuff .. Even on wink.. Like randomly turning on.. Dropping off the network.. Etc

4 Likes

:point_up: I'm out of likes, but I remember those days!

4 Likes

wow thanks for that....saved me $40! I just bought it!

1 Like

I'll get Cree/GE Link and the Peanuts on the HUE when I get it. It arrives on Monday. Question on the PEANUTS...i bought them as just zigbee repeaters....do people actually USE them as plugs for TVs and such?

1 Like

Yes. They do work. I used one to control my garage door opener for a while.

Currently, both my Hubitats are plugged into Peanuts (paired to an Almond3) so I can start them remotely after a shutdown.

1 Like

I keep hearing about Almond3, what's that before i go google it.

1 Like

You won’t need the Peanuts on the Hue bridge, most likely. The bulbs will work as repeaters for each other.

I am not sure if the Peanuts will even pair with a Hue bridge. If they do, I am not sure if Hubitat can control them.

Also, I don’t think that eBay listing included a power supply. It needs a 5VDC, 1A power supply with a barrel connector. When I bought mine recently on eBay, it was only $15 and had no power supply. Finding a barrel connector that fit was actually harder than I imagined it would be. Just a heads up!

2 Likes

OH NO! Why didn't I wait to read this.....ugh I would have rather just paid the extra money for less headache. So now I have to find a power supply for it?!?! :sob: :scream:

I have a POE switch, about 3 actually so perhaps it's not so bad. I can power it with that.

1 Like

Not so hard. Here you go:

2 Likes

Who's to say they won't do that with V2?
Personally I would go with another HE hub it gives you more options as it works for all lamps. It also has another z-wave network, so if you like me have some non plus devices you can also split them to improve the speed of your z-wave plus devices.

2 Likes

Philips said they wouldn't :grin: But that's a fair point - a second HE is a better choice.

The good thing for those who choose the Hue bridge route is that the first gen bridge will continue to work locally (for eg. with Hubitat), so presumably the second gen bridge will too.

2 Likes

Anything is possible, however if I were a betting man, I would feel that my chances of getting long-term support from Phlips and Lutron are very good. I am not implying that Hubitat's long-term prospects are not good. I am just not worried about two major lighting companies disappearing any time soon.

4 Likes

I bought the HUE bridge, it'll be here Monday.

I would have put my money on another HE hub.. Can be used for more than just bulbs..

2 Likes

In fact.. I just ordered another one because there are a few Lightify fixtures I wanted to replace some older non smart fixtures that I currently have on z-wave dimmers.. The color temperature difference is driving me nutz.. So I ordered some CT changing lightify fixtures... And I refuse to put zigbee lights back on my mesh.. So I have another hub coming just for them..

1 Like

Also, lightify don't work with Hue anyway .....

1 Like

couldn’t pass on the price either..

SYLVANIA Lightify LED 15 Inch 23W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYN5UIO

$29 for 1500 lumen CT fixture

1 Like