Can't access the hub

Sometime last night the hub lost network connectivity. Can't access from the portal and there's no ping response. It's not on the router active device list. A reboot didn't help. Tried another ethernet cable and plugged the hub directly into the router. Also tried another power cable and power source.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did open a ticket # 17884 this morning. Waiting for a response.

Welcome to the community!

Can you reach "http://hub ip:8081"? What is the color of the LED and which model is it?

This is a C-5. Can't reach 8081 The LED is blue

The alternate power source you tried, was it rated for 1A or more? @bobbyD this looks like hardware failure, right? the ticket number is in the first post.

Welcome to the community. From your responses to @markus, it seems like you've tried all the logical things and your C-5 has likely failed

Just to rule out a couple things:

• Can you find it by going to portal.hubitat.com?
  • Do you have access to a utility like "arping"?

Anyway, tagging @bobbyD.

1 Like

Alternate power source is rated >1A

1 Like

Have you tried rebooting your router?

1 Like

Not accessible through the portal. The MAC is registered.
The hub address is not listed using arp -a

1 Like

Just to eliminate the possibility that an address is not being assigned for whatever reason, can you arping the MAC address?

Disconnected power for more than 2 hours. Rebooted more than once.

With the router having been rebooted, if arping to the MAC is also failing and all the other things you've tried doesn't work this sounds very much like hardware failure I'm sorry to say. Hopefully you're within warranty and they will replace it for you.

1 Like

Bobby, the order number was 4807
Order date 4-18-2019

Great news, my replacement hub is on its' way. Great customer service. I'm now a customer for life. Thanks Bobby.
Shame on me, I haven't done a manual backup in months. Oh well, it'll give me something to do.

2 Likes