Cannot use Date in trigger if using sunrise or sunset only time

Greetings,

Using RM5 and wanting to change the LFIX lights to Pink on Valetines day 35 minutes after Sunset.

I can add an annual date if I choose a Time but cannot if I choose Sunset... Why?

If I use the Date as a Required Expression if does not reset see - Rule Machine (5.1) issue: Required Expression for single date does not reset after that date

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

I think you can accomplish this by using a Required Expression. This used to be called Predicate Conditions and you can read about it more here: New App Features in 2.2.8

Hope this helps!

Clearly I need to read more carefully in that you tried that but there appears to be a bug.

Sorry about that. :frowning:

OK. I did some testing and things worked as expected with what I used.

For Required Expression I used "Between two dates" with 2022-02-21 for both dates and specific times specified fairly close together. I turned logging on so I was able to observe the required expression become true and then become false. The triggers did fire and then didn't fire as expected. Maybe you could set a Between two Dates with times between 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM for the Required Expression.

I haven't tested "On a Day" as it will take several days to observe. I will set it up and see if I see the same behavior you saw in your other post.

Next release has this available...

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response

I'll try the between dates using the same date.
Thanks for the response.