Cannot pop() an empty List occuring when editing rule

When editing the below rule:

is throwing the following error:

The log shows:

This occurred after I did a cut/paste on the first log line. I've reboot the device (C-5 running 2.2.3.148).

I'm going to recreate the rule and see if that fixes it. I will save the original one.

Alan

I actually had this problem myself tonight but the error was logged in the events logs. I moved a few things around and it appears the rule is ok for now.

I’ll be interested to see what the real cause might be.

My problem is a I can't edit the rule. Now I'm getting

@bobbyD

Any ideas?

Basically you cannot do nested IF/THEN the way you have it. See this post...

Your rule became broken through something you did, such as using the back button while editing it.

You have no choice but to remove it and create a new one.

Turn on all of the logging for the rule, and you will be able to see the problem. This happens due to simultaneous instances of the rule running. In your case, what you posted above looks like a malformed trigger. Remove the trigger, and put it in fresh. If you can't do that, then remove the rule and recreate it.

Yeah, I know the rule is being executed multiple. My next change was going to alleviate the issue. My notification system got too complex.

Wish the error was captured to allow the fixing of the rule rather than just dyeing a horrible death.

Thanks
Alan

Yeah, that would be nice. Problem is that the data structure was corrupted by something that you did, and we don't know what you did or how to recover from that. It's not like we can de-corrupt it at that point. If you were able to replicate reliably a sequence of steps that causes this, then perhaps something could be done.

Sort of found "the issue". It turns out that if you are editing a rule that is "running" and in a loop, you will probably cause an error. I found that I have to pause the rule to ensure that the editing process will not cause an error. Hope this helps!

Alan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.