Cannot control Z-Wave Door Lock

With Smarthing I could unlock my door from an app on my phone. Hubitat has no app so I'm trying to use automation to unlock/lock the door at a specific time. I see where I can set rules for a time but nowhere have I found anything about setting the lock to lock or unlock. Can anyone help?

You can create a dashboard, open the cloud link in your phone browser and create a desktop app. Same as having a Hubitat app.

1 Like

You can also do an RM app to unlock at a specific time. I'm not sure that is the best idea, but you definitely can do it.

I need details on how to do this. I can do most of what you say but my lock is not showing up to be acted upon.

I assume RM is remote? Where do I find the place to do this?

You should read this

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat®_Dashboard

He means Rule Machine, it's the app to create rules for automation, but I really suggest not doing an automation with your lock. Maybe later until you get more comfortable with Hubitat.

If the door your unlocking is from a secured area into your house like from inside the garage into the house then I could see unlocking it with an automation but I wouldn't feel comfortable unlocking an outside door of my house with a timer or even Geofencing as it would unlock long before I was standing in front of the door if I went for a walk. And Geofencing can rarely give false positives although it is usually that it is stuck in home when your away but if you use keyfob presence sensors those can go offline and back online when the battery gets low causing the door to unlock at unexpected times. Just some things to consider before setting up and automation.

A dashboard with cloud link enabled and the requirement of a passcode to execute commands would be best, then just share it and choose create a shortcut on your desktop so its easily available like an app like vjv said.

Well, MANY people unlock via geofencing. I know I have for years, with no concerns. Of course, when I grew up we never locked the doors at all - so I don't see that as a big issue in the first place.

But the great part of HE is that everyone can do it the way they want!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.