Cancel a periodic rule at random times

I have ceiling fans running periodically to help with heat distribution because of vaulted ceilings. (Every half hr. for 5 min.) There are several times each day when I need the fans to not turn on. These times are random in the time they happen and in length of time. Fans are controlled by GE fan control switches. (Z-wave) Suggestions on how to do this.

Without having more information on how you are doing this it's hard to give an exact response. You could create a virtual switch and if the virtual switch is on then turn off the fans and not turn them back on while this switch is active.

2 Likes

Virtual switch that when on the rule doesn't execute. If your using Simple Lighting it has a spot for that virtual switch in the restrictions section in RM you'd have to use an if statement.

2 Likes

I have a fan with light fixture over my dinning room table. I have a similar rule to help circulate air. I disable the rule if the light fixture is turned on. I hate having my food getting prematurely cold. On game nights i do end up having to manually turn on the fan, so some fine tuning is still needed.

1 Like

Thanks, I like the idea.

1 Like