Can you disable a single motion sensor in a zone by mode?

I expect I will achieve this by configuring two very similar zones, one with the sensor included to operate most of the time, and a second zone that does not include the sensor to operate during the night (see below). The reason for the post is that I thought there may either be a better way to do this already or could be something that is added as a new feature.

I have a two existing motion sensors in my bedroom, one sitting on the floor pointing across the doorway to detect people entering or leaving the room, and one sitting under a bedside table, primarily to detect when I get out of bed, but also to maintain the motion detection when moving around part of the bedroom. With the bedside sensor only able to see part of the room, there can be times where I am standing in the bedroom and the lights turn off. I have now bought a third sensor to sit on a chest of drawers, looking out across most of the room at about chest height, which will include scanning the bed. So obviously I don't want to have motion detected during the night from me turning in my sleep.

I currently use the Zone Motion Controllers app along with Motion Lighting, with the two existing motion sensors included in the same zone that operates during all modes configured on the hub.

In adding the third sensor, what I expect I will setup are the two zones I described earlier, with the three sensors operating during the day / evening, and only the existing two sensors during the night. What would be nice would be one (or all) of the following:

• In the zone setup choosing what modes each sensor operates in
  • On the Device setup page for the sensor choosing what modes the sensor operates in

Looking at it now, I think my preference would be on the device page, given the options that are already available in zones to control what modes the entire zone operates in. Only having this option in the zone app would force people to use zones when they may not need / want to.

Anyway, just my thoughts....

Simon

I did notice on the Device Edit page that the Motion Sensitivity Preference setting includes a "Disabled" option. I was going to request exposing a Command that could be called inside a rule to adjust this setting, but I am assuming this setting is stored on the motion sensor itself, and if that is the case, then if communication with the device is disrupted at all when a call is made to change the sensitivity there is a chance it would be missed. I'm still thinking ignoring changes in motion detection on the HE end is still best.