Can the Lenovo smart plug be controlled locally?

On a bit of a whim I recently picked up a couple Lenovo Smart Plugs on sale, model # ZA7F0000WW:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1592638-REG/lenovo_za7f0000ww_smart_plug_with_energy.html/reviews

Can these work with Hubitat (I don't have the device yet)? Can they be controlled locally? I know that during the setup in the Lenovo Link Pro app, it mentions the device has a wifi network SmartLife-XYZ and I think SmartLife is a generic backend for smart products or something like that?

Orrrr for the purposes of my future smart home with hubitat, were these a poor impulse purchase?

If these plugs are recognised and can work with SmartLife mobile app, there is a chance to control them from Hubitat using a Community integration to Tuya Cloud severs. The operation will not be local however…

In general, WiFi devices designed to work in the vendor specific Cloud are better to be avoided in Hubitat (there are few exceptions though)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.