Can’t ya hear me Knocki

Anybody else out there a Knocki owner? After a drawn out fulfillment/deliver-on-the-promise via Indiegogo experience, I’m interested in seeing if it would somehow be possible to integrate with HE. A published API was part of the company’s roadmap offering at one point - but it remains unavailable; only (limited) IFTTT support so far.

Additional thoughts/opinions/other welcomed ...

1 Like

If they have an IFTTT channel you can integrate with HE that way. Otherwise I guess you’d have to wait for them to publish their API?

That's cool. But I suspect a direct API (ideally without Cloud) would be very beneficial from a speed perspective. I can imagine going via IFTTT is going to introduce a lot of lag. Tap tap. Wait 5-10 seconds. Maybe get a result.

I wonder if Conor McGregor has one of these...you know, just for practicing... ha ha ha :smile: ... tap tap tap...

1 Like

It does work (but there is a several second delay by virtue of going thru IFTTT .. which ins tolerable all things considered). What I’d really like to be able to do is just have it be recognized as a device within Hubitat so that I could control multiple devices, trigger rules, etc by using the haptics feature that makes Knocki unique as a controller.

Yeah understood completely. As I mentioned above, IFTTT is often quite slow and sometimes unreliable. Hopefully we may find someone able to write a device drive for direct connectivity. Does one exist on SmartThings? If so it's usually possible to convert it. Maybe worth a look...

Quick bit of research led to this thread....

Doesn't look promising thus far. Interestingly there are many naysayers. And some who have tried to use a more simple device with an accelerometer (like a SmartThings multisensor) to achieve the same thing with quite limited/poor results.

The company has remained rather low key ever since they (finally) began to fulfill pre-orders for backers like me of their crowdfunding promises. Over-promising but under-delivering isn’t the best way to kickstart a new venture for sure. Would still find a published API or SDK appealing to experiment with using haptics to trigger rules, etc. Sigh ...

Yeah, without the API it's a bit limited via IFTTT. Unless someone is keen enough to sniff the packets and reverse engineer an interface but that's really hard work. Let's hope they publish an API at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.