Can’t link to Google

For some reason Google is not linked to HE. Voice commands worked great a few days ago. Now Google tells me it can’t reach the Hubitat.
My. echo is connected and responds correctly,
I removed the skill and when I try to link it, right after entering the logon name and password, I get this error message

Any ideas? I rebooted the hub several times, and tried adding the skill from several different devices, all with the same results.

Make sure you reserve and ip for google and Hubitat in your router's dhcp table. Secondly make sure that your hubitat is getting to the internet. You can confirm this by going to my.hubiat.com and logging in and seeing if your hub is there. If not, then there is an issue with the network settings on your hub. If it is connected, then click reinitialize in the google settings on hubitat.

The IP is reserved in DHCP and matches the IP in the HE app as does the MAC address.

The Google Home app is installed in HE and all the devices are listed.

I can logon to the HE app but the hub is not recognized. If I click on ‘Find Hubs’ the hub is right there. I can logon to the hub’s IP with a browser.

If I click on ‘Registered Hubs’ there is nothing listed. Only when I click on ‘Find Hubs’ does my hub appear.

Again, I can issue commands to my Echo dot and they all work. Something with Google?

Apparently the hub was not registered. After doing that, everything appears to be back to normal.

Correction - the hub was registered but somehow I logged out. Never had tha happen before. Once I logged on, evetything was there.

1 Like

Yeah first thing I always check when a lan issue occurs with hubitat is my.hubitat.com. That way I can isolate which direction the issue is coming from. Glad everything is back to normal :slight_smile:

Curious about this. My Google's are not on reserved IP address's. They seem to work ok.

Right but the issue is if it grabs another IP address it can break the connection. It's an annoyance. Any lan based IoT device that you have should have a reservation or static ip. This includes HE itself. Usually it's recommended to use a DHCP reservation so you don't have to keep track of stuff and instead have a single place to check for address' but either DHCP Reservation or Static works.

Always had the HE reserved of course. Had a lot of other devices, but never thought about the Googles. Got that changed. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

As a mechanic, I never accepted that something just failed. I wanted to know WHY it failed, so that an underlying cause did not cause the new part to fail.

Any ideas how this happened? Out of the blue Google said it can’t find the hubiTAT. Previously that was due to me mucking around with DHCP and other stuff I should keep my fingers out of.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.