Can’t figure out Homeseer WD200+ status LED

Correct, the lights I want an alert for I cant physically see from the dimmer switch in my bedroom and I have commands from the dimmer to control these. There’s an additional fixture I’ll be replacing in the future with the same situation so I’d rather set individual LEDs different colors to monitor multiple items than set all to same color for an alert

You said it is not working. What is it doing or not doing?

1 Like

It’s not indicating when the lights are on. I tried removing the ELSE 8,0,0 and it doesn’t do anything that way either

What is your trigger? Let me see the whole rule.

1 Like

Also tried clicking run actions, now the 4th LED is solid green all the time, light on or off. I’ll try adding the ELSE 8,0,0 back in

Change the trigger from on to changed and see if that works. Since the run actions "worked", I'm thinking the trigger never fired. Add the else statement back in and make the trigger changed instead of on and then turn the light on and off and see if you don't get the desired action.

1 Like

Just changed the trigger to changed and it works!!! And I see you wrote that already before I finished lol thank you again for your patience and I hope this helps anyone having the same problem/inexperience

2 Likes

Woo hoo! Glad you got it going.

1 Like

Thank you, @spalexander68. Way to guide this one home!

I am thinking Rule machine has evolved since these posts?
I see no If or Then statements when I try to make a rule to setStatusLed on Homeseer fan controller.
I set my trigger to a contact sensor being open and my action to actuator, custom command, setStatusLed. nothing happens when the contact is opened.
I can go to the device page for the homeseer fan controller and setStatusLed there just fine, cannot get a rule to work though.

Is it set to "Open" or "Changed to Open"? It should be "Changed"

It was set to "open", I changed it to "changed" and it created a condition that defaulted to "open"
I can only choose "open or "closed" for the condition, neither way is working.

Interesting. "Changes to Open/Closed" should be the correct setting. Perhaps something is wrong with RM?

Personally, I use Webcore to change the colors on my Homeseer.

Ok I let this sit a while after trying every option I could think of in rule machine. I used triggers that are working in other rules to make sure the trigger is not the issue. I can change the status led manually by going to the device page. I just cannot get the status led to change with any rule that is tried.
Is there a different driver code out there somewhere for the Homeseer WD200+ fan controller?

Ok the time off to reset my brain worked, I was able to get this working. 1st error on my part it is a FC200+ fan controller, I went back in to the device and tried to manually change the indicator colors, I found that there was a setting I had to change setledmode to status.
I have a contact sensor mounted inside my door casing wired to a spring plunger that the actual deadbolt pushes when it is locked. My rule uses the open/closed status of this contact sensor as the trigger. The action is custom command, switch (this is new Actuator was my only option before), setstatusled (1,1,0)
I have 2 rules one for the contact sensor being open and one for closed. It changes the indicator light to green when the deadbolt is locked and red when it is unlocked.
Hope my rambling makes some sense, it is exciting to get this project working!

@1bm2bm3... I read your post back in Dec '20 where you were able to set the LED light color on the Homeseer FC200+. I looked at my device settings (below) but do not see a way to configure "setledmode to status". Can you provide some detail as to how to make that setting? I can set the LED lights via the Device page but when I attempt to change them via a Rule, I get the error below in the log.

@bcopeland... do you have any other reports of this issue?

For starters .. It looks like you are trying to send it as 1 string.. there are 3 inputs on that custom command..

@bcopeland... You Da Man! You pointed out a simple "operator error" and now its working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice.. Glad to hear it’s working

FWIW... Had to use setStatusLED with number, string, string parameters to get it to work for me.

1 Like