Can RM do this rule?

I installed an under the sink water filter than needs to have its filter changed every six months. I have a Homeseer dimmer switch on the counter above the sink that I am going to flash red on its status lights when it is time to change the filter.

In essence, I would have a quasi countdown timer. I have messed with a periodic trigger and also between two dates rule. How would the most efficient way be to accomplish the task? Also, how would I go about resetting the rule once the filter has been changed?

1 Like

Do you use IFTTT? Thave have integration with google calendars. You can control something in HE directly or use a web call to the Maker API to run other, custom commands for devices.

Aww, I didn't think about IFTTT. I'll see what I can come up with.

You can do this easily within RM with the Periodic trigger. You could also do a specific date using

[EDIT]: As for the flashing homeseer dimmer switch, instead of a Trigger, create a Triggered rule. For the true action, flash the light red. For the false, either do nothing or show green or something like that.

Perfect. I knew there had to be a way. Looks easy enough.

I've created another rule that a double tap of the switch will reset the light switch to normal.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.