Can I have lights in a Group have different dim levels?

I have 7 accent lights I want to turn on and off in a group.
However 3 of the lights need to be each at a different dim level. The other 4 are at 100%.

I find using this method, all 7 lights are set to the dim level in the group device page.

Is there a way to keep all 7 lights in a group but have the individual device levels prevail?

Thanks
John

No. A Group ties all of the lights to the same level. You could use a virtual switch and Rule Machine to do what you want, where the switch controls on/off and the rule sets the different levels. You can do two different levels in one rule, and chain an extra action for two more.

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can see why most folks would like them tied together. I guess I'm the exception.

I'm new at this but my first though is to keep the common brightness lights in a group and treat the others separately.

My goal is to operate them automatically (via sunset and time) but be able to override the condition with a virtual switch. Than is how it runs now, but as I said, all the same level.

John

There are several ways to do it...

If you have preset the dimming levels and just want to switch together then you could try this:

Andy

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the suggestion (and code) I'll give it a try.

(UPDATE) I have it installed and working. Awesome ! Many thanks.

John

1 Like

@Cobra

After I cleaned up the old rules I had tried I could not get "One 2 Many Switching" to work. Likely a simple error on my part as the live log does not show any of the debug's in your app.

I copied the code into the "Apps Code"
Installed a new app using your code
Created a Virtual switch called "Accent Master Switch"

The active log only shows the Accent Master Switch changing, NO debug from the app.

I have 1.1.10 installed.

Can you tell me where I should look?

Thanks
John

@JohnRob
Interestingly, your screenshot is not showing a value for ‘reversemode’
I’m not sure why but it you change it to ‘on’ then save then change it back to ‘off’ does it show a value of ‘false’ then?

I (and quite a few others) have been using this for some time without problems

Andy

@Cobra

I found the issue (with your help on the reversemode value) I had not entered anything for the reversemode. I had erroneously assumed it would default to "normal" . Also I missed the * by the entry box.

All works fine now. Great App, simple but very functional.

John

1 Like

Normally it does :slight_smile:

Glad you got it sorted

Andy