Can I add Yale Assure Z-wave lock to Google Home?

Hi all,

I recently bought and configured a Yale Assure smart lock with the Z-Wave module, and while I can control the lock from the Hubitat interface, I don't seem to be able to set it up for use with Google Home.

I've followed the standard procedure of adding the lock to the list of devices shared in the Hubitat Google app, and also tried disconnecting and reauthorizing the Hubitat connection in the Google Home app, but the lock will not show up there.

I found an older thread on this same subject, but the relevant reply seems to have been deleted, and there was no follow up.

Are there any steps I can/need to take to make the lock available in Google Home, or is that not supported?

Thanks!

I don't believe hubitat's Google home integration supports locks. You'd have to use a virtual switch to get around it, but there are security concerns related to doing this since anyone could trigger the action as long as their within hearing range of the Google home.

1 Like

Use @mbudnek's Community-maintained Google Home integration instead of the built-in integration. It will work with locks.

2 Likes

The built-in integration only supports switches, dimmers, thermostats, RGB, RGBW and ColorTemperature bulbs. As mentioned above, there is a community effort to integrate more devices that you may want to check out to add your lock to Google Home.

1 Like

This topic has been marked solved by the community and subsequently closed