Camper Automation?

My wife and I are going to take a look at a few travel trailers this weekend. Among the typical points that we both share, as far as what we want, is of course my mind wondering what can be automated. At least when it's parked at home. I feel like I have seen a few of the members here mention things they have done in commenting on other posts. I suppose much of it would have to be wifi based since the unit would sometimes not be in range (the more the better is our hopes :wink:).

I expect battery power may also be a consideration, i.e. powering the devices while you are meant to be enjoying the outdoors :wink:

1 Like

excellent point! I was just brainstorming about things....

If we have shore power plugged in perhaps while at home to trickle charge batteries THEN power would be sent to IoT devices maybe?

Battery voltages?
Tank levels?
Interior temp?

Are plans are essentially to set out family up for the ability to just jump up and leave at a moments notice if we want to. I feel like monitoring idle status of various things would help with that.

1 Like

if you have a hub dedicated to the camper it doesn't even need wifi, except occasionally during setup or to update the real time clock.

1 Like
2 Likes

If you use the search string "smart rv" in youtube, there are people talking about how they did it.

1 Like