C8 Wi-Fi drops offline

The short answer is yes, I'll look into it, and soon.
It does that already, but apparently not in a manner that's sufficient to fix itself automatically.

2 Likes

Looks like new update just got release addressing this. Thank you @gopher.ny! I just installed and will monitor if any issues

2 Likes

Well here we are again. C8 just dropped offline this morning and doesn’t attempt to get back on Wi-Fi. Running latest firmware. @gopher.ny you should have my uuid - appreciate anything you can learn from logs. @support_team tag as well

2.3.5.138, just released, includes a more aggressive WiFi reconnect on startup.

1 Like

Thank you. Just updated. Fingers crossed.

No luck. Same issue. Drops off and doesn’t come back on.

Any update on this?

I am experiencing issues with my new C8 as well — drops off network randomly after no issues for couple days. I will have to monitor more closely to see time stamps of “last seen on network”, but most recent was 8:07AM this morning.

This was happening on Wi-Fi so I switched over to a wired connection this weekend, but happened again today.

My C7 worked great with wired connection…

Wired connection should definitely not be dropping off. When you see the "drop" can you ping the wired interface?

Do you have jumbo frames enabled anywhere? (While that shouldn't bother wifi, it will bother the lan side and lock up the hub/hub lan interface)

Can you do a soft reset just to ensure that there is no database corruption?

Please send me a private message along with your hub's MAC address. I'd like to make sure that you are not dealing with some kind of hardware malfunction.

2 Likes

I hadn’t tried to ping it, but in my Eero app it showed the device to be full disconnected from the WAP so I suspect the ping would not have been successful.

Re: Jumbo frames, I had fiber optics installed not too long ago but I am using the same Eero Routers that were setup to my Starlink connection previously. Haven’t adjusted MTU nor do I think the Eero allows for adjusting MTU. The wired connection is via one of the WAPs Ethernet ports, so it is wired into a wireless access point.

I’ve sent details to @bobbyD requested below. I will hold off on taking any particular actions until he’s had a chance to investigate and advise.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

One last thing. Check the subnet on the eero. There have been communications issues with some because on some the default subnet is /23 instead of /24,..,. Just a thought

Hey there. Same issue for me again with latest firmware. Support is on the case and there were few recent firmware updates attempting to resolve this issue but still same issue. Hub once a week or so drops off offline (no specific time) and then fails to reconnect until power reset. Just keeping the community updated.

Just dropped for me today, first time since previous message (while plugged in).

Will reach out to support via PM again so they can pull data.

Having similar drop off network with my C-8 huib in the last two days, which seems to start after recent firmware update.

I have disconnected the WIFI now and try using ethernet connection only.

This is the preferred way anyway.

1 Like

Still not resolved for me and intermittent drop offs at random times (once every week or so). Wired not an option for me due to preference for a central location.

1 Like

I continue to have the same issue as well, despite using ethernet connection for the last 5 weeks or so. Had some direct messages going for a bit but they have been unable to solve when they looked into the box.

Seems to me that there may be some bad hubs out there. I haven’t received any responses in a while since I asked for a replacement hub.

My C7 was working completely fine and after dropping again today, I am going to transition back to C7 this weekend until they send me a replacement for the C8.

Did you put in a warranty claim at support.hubitat.com ? Normally @bobbyD replies...

2 Likes

I've got your PM last night. If you didn't do so already, please create a case by visiting below page and we will send you a replacement as soon as possible. Our support is off for the weekend, so you should hear from us on Monday.

3 Likes

Thanks will do — I had a note in private message from 21 days ago asking about hardware replacement, I think you were out so maybe that was overlooked after the next few messages.

Appreciate the follow up on the note from last night though and I will submit through the link you provided. I hadn’t done that part yet.

I’ll respond here if hardware replacement works, but also hoping that they can use the hub to test/identify the dropping issue

1 Like