C8 unreachable via network even after manual reset

Hello!

I returned home from vacation to find my C8 completely unreachable via the network. The light on the unit was flashing red and green. I have tried resetting the unit by holding the reset button for more than 7 seconds at least 3 times and each time it is unreachable even after going through the reset and restart process (lights flashing then blue light as reboots returns to flashing red a green). I have even connected directly to a computer using dhcp and it does not even register as having the network cable connected. Is it possible that the networking chip in the hub has died? I own many hubitats (1xC5, 4xC7s and now this C8), and have never run into an issue like this. I have not been able to find any further info to help me troubleshoot this issue via the support website.

Thanks for any assistance.
Kindly,
Jeremy

Reboot the router?

Thanks for your reply and suggestion velvetfoot! I have also rebooted the router, all switches, changed the port where the C8 is plugged in, changed the switch where the c8 is plugged in. The network issue seems to be localized to the c8 in that wherever I plug it in it doesn't work but any other device I plug in to the same port works just fine.

It makes you wonder what could've gone wrong when you were gone.

Yes. It was just left alone, protected by multiple electrical surge suppression systems and like I said I have multiple other hubs running that were unaffected and this c8 replaced a c7 that ran in the same location for years without issue. Not sure what to do but I need to get things working again on this hub or get it replaced asap if it is defective but am unsure how to do that now since the Hubitat support ticket system/email seems to have been shut down or is at least unreachable via the channels I have used in the past. This hub was purchased in March of this year so is relatively new.

I was searching the forum and came up with the below post.
I like the theory that somehow, due to a power issue or whatever, the hub switched to WIFI mode, and stayed that way. Not sure how to get out of it though.

@user6562 The blinking light usually means lack of network connectivity. Have you changed network cables? If so, based on all your other diags, I would put in a warranty ticket at Warranty โ€“ Hubitat Support

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! Yes I tried multiple network cables. I got in touch with the vendor and used the warranty form and they are sending me out a new unit as it appears this one has stopped working. Thank you both for your help it is much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for troubleshooting this further. I like that theory too but even with the network connection offline wouldn't Zwave app routines still run? All the routines stopped working and some lights are stuck on and others stuck off so that leads me to believe there may be a larger issue that goes beyond network connectivity. Hopefully I can get everything working again after migrating to the replacement hub they will send me.

Do you have cloud backup?

Yes I do.

1 Like