C8 migration, several devices now failing! Help please!

Mine isn't close the hub. It's on my back porch, about 20 -30 feet away and on the other side of a brick wall (next to a floor to ceiling window. Among other things, I use that sensor to measure light on the porch to turn on a light in the family room when its low light or overcast.

Unless something changed, the default power is 16... That's how mine was set.

2 Likes

Mine was on 12, I went to 16, no improvement. back to 8 and that seemed to fix the problem.

1 Like

Wow, glad I did some last minute due diligence before starting the migration today.

I waited until my work travel ended for a few weeks to preserve some warranty before ordering but I think I will just wait some more until they get this sorted out - hopefully soon.

I'm heavily invested and reliant on ST water leak and Iris V2 motion and contact sensors.

1 Like

That's odd... Mike had said default was 16, IIRC. Must be some unintended variability out there.

1 Like

My C-8 was set to power level of 16 (and I haven't changed it).

1 Like

There was some talk about changing the default to 12 …

1 Like

Maybe they've made that change already...

Mine defaulted to 16. But z-wave has been my biggest issue on c-8. :frowning:

1 Like

Mine is still set to 16 on the latest publicly available firmware.

1 Like

I'm gonna chime in now with multiple zigbee devices that have fallen off. Everything worked fine post migration besides one hue motion sensor. I re-paired it and it's been fine, but I'm having other zigbee devices falling off.

Yeah I think it's important to keep top of mind this is NOT a Hue motion sensor issue. This is an issue with a variety of Zigbee devices dropping off. The #1 culprit seens to be Hue motion sensors but it is certainly not limited to them. Hopefully when Hubitat finds the problem with the Hue sensors it will also address the others.

3 Likes

Aaaaand case in point I just lost another INNR plug

Exactly. There's a total mixture of devices I've had drop off. Some of them have been rock solid for years.

2 Likes

So wait, you're saying I have to be aware of and concerned about other people's stuff when it's really primarily the hue sensors that are bothering me?

I'm really not sure I'm a deep enough person to deal with this.

:wink:

I know from experience with these in the past that it's way early days to comment, but the evil Aqara button is still on my mesh, I think it's been 2 days. Shocking.

1 Like

In fairness, that's the ONLY device that has given me any issue. even the INDOOR hue sensor has been fine. only other zigbee stuff I have is Innr bulbs, and they are fine too.

1 Like

Not so sure if it has anything to do with device types as it does with the number on the system. I have Iris V2 sensors, Smartthings water detectors & motion detectors and Sengled Element bulbs that have fallen offline and can only get a limited number of them to re-pair. When I plotted the temperature from a number of water and contact sensors it is obvious there is something going on with the Zigbee radio as they all dropped off together.
I have a support ticket open with Hubitat regarding the problem.

Update with Zigbee device counts. Zigbee on ch20 and tried various power levels. Hub is within 75 feet of all devices and primarily on same floor.

15 Sengled element color plus (unable to get more than 7 re-paired now)
1 Sengled element classic (re-paired & later dropped off)
9 ?? rgbw lights (7 re-paired, 2 keep dropping)
11 ST moisture sensors (unable to re-pair several so gave up for now)
7 Iris v2 contact sensors (for temperature only) (several re-paired but dropped off later)
2 ST motion detectors (1 re-paired)
1 Lightify switch
9 ST outlets (all stayed working but I unplugged 7 of them while troubleshooting)
2 ST multi sensors (dropped off 6 not tried to re-pair)

10 various Z-Wave devices all working

1 Like

In my case, the hub with more sensors on it is doing fine, including no issues with 2 Hue outdoor sensors. But the hub with fewer keeps dropping one Hue outdoor. Since I dropped the zigbee power to 8, the other Hue outdoor on that hub seems to be doing better. I've had 0 problems with my ST leak sensors and Innr plugs.

No no no. This is all about ME. I just have other stuff that I want fixed for ME!

2 Likes

I have two homes and at my second home I run a C5 hub with zigbee. I haven't had any issues with any Zigbee devices on that hub but I changed the channel over to 15 from 20 a long time ago so you might want to try that and make sure that any WiFi you are using is not set up on ch15 (or ch20 for that matter)

At my main home I run a C7 hub but I don't use any zigbee devices on it (radio is turned off). For all of my zigbee devices (and I have a lot) I use zigbee2mqtt. I have two different controller for that. One controller is set up on ch20 and the other is set up on ch15. I have found that some zigbee devices (the older battery ones not zigbee 3.0) don't like ch20 so much and would drop off once in awhile. When I switched them to ch15 no issues.

Some of the devices were ST, Aqara, Sengled, Iris, etc. So you might want to change your zigbee channel and make sure your WiFi isn't overlapping and give that a shot.