C8 Migration - No cloud backups found. Please create a migration backup first

Just purchased a C8 and am attempting to migrate from my C5. I do not have Protect, but ran the migration backup from settings. I see that there is a "migration" backup listed on the C5, but when I turn on the C8 and choose to migrate on the beginning screen, it tells me that no cloud backups found and to create a migration backup first. Both hubs are running 2.3.6.146. Not completely sure how to proceed from here.

Make sure that both hubs are registered with the same account. If you are still not seeing the cloud backup on the C8, try to reload backups, and/or reboot the C8.

1 Like

Also, please be aware of this incident, if the migration fails:

1 Like

I was able to get past the upload screen issue as it turned out to be a DNS related problem. However now I'm having the issue of the migration failing (the one that you are investigating). Sounds like I have a paperweight on my hands until that is resolved, which has been going for almost two weeks now.

So, to close this out, I was able to back-rev both devices to 2.3.5, take a successful migration backup in 2.3.5, and restore successfully to 2.3.5 on the C8. So, definitely something wrong with 2.3.6. But, thankfully, since I had a previous version on both, I was able to restore and migrate.