C8 migration and firmware update

I've got my new C8 but haven't migrated yet. I thought I'd let some of the bleeding edge issues get sorted out. I've seen a couple of firmware updates that relate to the migration. I've updated my C7 to the latest firmware and I expect to migrate this weekend.

Here's my question, when go through the initial registration / migration process, does it check if the C8 is on the latest firmware before the migration? I don't want to migrate to an older version of the firmware that got shipped with the C8.

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. Just simply make sure both hubs are updated to the latest firmware version before starting the process.

You may find this post helpful in preparing for the migration.

4 Likes

I believe when I first booted up the C8 and it got online it checked for updates and wanted to update itself right away. If you want to double check you should be able to go to http://YOUR.HUB.IP:8081 for the diagnostics tool and log in with the Ethernet MAC on the bottom of the hub. From there you can even update it if it has not updated already.

I forgot all about the update and went ahead and did the migration and then ended up updating after then doing the migrate again with zero issues only had to mess with Alexa which took a min to do

For those that have migrated, does the old hub name get moved over to the C8?

No, but its easy to rename afterwards.

I stand corrected:

I have a hub with tons of ghost nodes I haven’t been able to remove on my C7 if I upgrade and migrate to the C8 is there a way to keep the ghost nodes from coming over as well?

Following the steps in the migration document will ensure that your C8 is updated:

1 Like

Yes, but it gets a suffix of "(new)" to reduce confusion which hub is which.

No, its all or nothing for the zwave radio info.

1 Like

No. The ghosts will migrate as well. What have you done to try and get rid of them?

I did the migration this morning. Went without any hiccups. I Updated a few cloud api which was easy. Next step to go from wired to wireless and move the hub to a central location

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.