C8 hub migration and hub mesh network

Wondering about migration between multiple hubs and keeping my hub mesh intact. I have 3 C7 hubs and would like to migrate to 3 C8 (1:1 migration), but I would like to keep the hub mesh setup I already have arranged?

1 Like

We got you covered. Just need to move one at the time. Once migrated, you need to visit the Hub Mesh page from Settings on the new C-8 to establish new links between the new hub and older hubs. Then move on to the next hub.

1 Like

Will that disrupt my dashboard links. I use the mesh hub so that i can have a single point for the dashboards...havent really like other methods for unifying my dashboards. Always open to suggestions though.

If the dashboard stays on existing hub, no. Hub mesh devices can re-pointed in bulk if their source moves to a new hub, check out the Update tab on Hub mesh page.

So, just so I am clear. I can add this new hub into my mix and it will hub-mesh with my c7's? I have 2 c7's I may keep and just spread them about for even better coverage?

If I picked one up I would like to migrate my main c7 to it, then use the old c7 as a 3rd hub. I have an outlying building I could put it in for example

I have a similar setup with 3 c7’s to migrate to 3 c8’s I attempted only 1 c7 hub migration last night (with the fewest devices). Followed the instruction exactly as written. My issue was that my migrated c8 ‘s hub mesh shared devices were “offline” on the other c7 shared hubs. I relinked and reconnected from all hubs but I couldn’t get the problem resolved.

I finally had to delete the c8 hub mesh shared devices from my 2 c7 ‘s then individually relink them from the c8. Although this wasn’t a big deal , all by associates dashboards and Webcore pistons on my c7’s needed to be changed to include the c8’s shared device again. This was extremely time consuming and frustrating.

I am using the latest upgrade on the c7’s and c8. So I believe there must still be a migration gremlin somewhere.

Hub mesh devices don't migrate automatically since their links are not on the hub being migrated.
On the hub with linked devices, go to Settings - Hub mesh, Update tab. You can bulk switch hub mesh devices from one hub to another there.

1 Like

ok thanks.. so that im clear : what you are saying is the following.. for example :

• I have 2 C7's and i am migrating 1
  • I do the documented migration process and i end up with 1 c7 and 1 c8
  • now i go to the C7 and i do a relink / reconnect ?

am I correct ?

Also, unclear how you do a bulk switch..

Correct, it's LAN/Cloud Migration Notes section of the migration document, towards the end.

1 Like

ok so my source hub would obviously be my old C7 and the destination hub would be my new C8.

But at this point in the migration steps my C7 is effectively migrated and is unplugged...

right ? or am i totally confused .. hence unclear how I would get my source hub if its not even plugged in

The Update tab goes through hub mesh devices on the local hub and replaces hub ids as necessary so they point to another hub. If the original hub is no longer online, it will be labeled with a hub id (which is still around locally) instead of a name (which is not).

ahh ok.. thanks for the clarity.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.