C7 UK Power supply

The UK power supply provided with the C7 really is a poor design. The casing itself is slightly wide for a UK plug causing difficult in use in a multistrip socket.. But worse is that the USB connection is on the side of the plug totally obscuring the next socket , unless of course you can use the leftmost one (which I can't). Happily I have another power source.

I'm unfortunate in that the the power connector on my C7 seems badly soldered and so it does not receive power except if the power cable is raised at the back (and then it works fine) so I am in contact with Vesternet about a replacement as you just to have to touch the hub and it goes off. I have tried a different cable.

Add me to the failed C7 list from Vesternet.
To be fair to the power supply it's the box that's the problem.
A terrible design to have a micro usb surface mount connector without proper mechanical support.
My C7 lasted two days and the surface mount soldering failed when I was unplugging and replugging due to the z-wave inclusion problems, as one suggestion was leaving it unplugged for 30s.
You can get better micro USB connectors which have better strain relief to avoid this, but as it is currently made...plug in the power once and never ever unplug at the box end...in fact don't touch or move the box!
Pretty cheap and nasty box compared to SmartThings unfortunately.

interesting, I am also on my second one from vesternet, first one was pretty much DOA, I tried various cables/power supplies including the one provided in the box but would not power on. I did notice the connection was very bad, the second one seems to be holding up ok. I guess I will need be extra careful when moving it.

agree about the power supply, it works but dam the design for UK is the worst I've ever come across.