C7 to C8 migration fail- says backup is password protected

Hi! I updated my C7, then did the migration cloud backup, and powered it down when it was done. Powered on, updated, and registered the C8, but when I go to migrate, it says the backup is password protected. I didn't select a password when I created one on the C7, and the account password doesn't unlock it. tried several days, on several browsers, and it always fails. I can't find a similar problem on this forum, so I am asking. Thanks in advance.

-Gary

You have hub protect on your C7 I assume?
Are you sure you do not have a backup password set here. I think once you set that it uses it for all cloud backups, unless you then remove the password and do another backup.

No, no current hub protect. Although I did have have it when I migrated the C5 to the C7. Let me try with that one.

OK, it looks like the old (c5 to c7 hub protect) password is working. Or at least it didn't automatically fail like before. When I started the c7 to c8 cloud migration backup, there was no indication of a password being set, or even an option to set one. They may want to update that.

I had only purchased Hub Protect to do the migration from the C5, I didn't think that the password setting would have carried over on the C7 when I no longer subscribe to Protect.
thanks, JTP, for your insight!

@support_team looks like a possible bug with the migration backup, using an old password from Hub Protect when the person no longer has the subscription. Sort of an edge case situation but good to know in case anyone else runs into it.

Successfully migrated the backup. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.