C7 Platform 2.3.3.134 problems?

I'm a newbie, I replaced my Vera + with the Hubitat C7, which is not working properly.

Sometimes the hub reacts ok, but most of the time it does not, even simple command may take several seconds to react or even not react at all, I need to go through a diagnostic or a reset to bring everything back to a semblance of normalcy.

What steps should I follow first?

Thanks
Dom

Are the devices involved Zigbee or Z-Wave, or both?

If Z-Wave, post screen caps of your entire Z-Wave Details page. You may need to join the Owners group here to allow you to post pics since you're new:
https://community.hubitat.com/g/owners

Z-Wave Details page is at: Settings>Z-Wave Details

If Zigbee, got to this URL and post the results here. Replace "you.hubitat.ip" w/the IP address of your hub.
http://your.hubitat.ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

3 Likes

Nifty zigbee link.

1 Like

@poordom.dv Please post your z-wave details page in it's entirety

Also look here Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as Wink, SmartThings or Vera? This may help!

1 Like

You might not be able to tell, but "slow /no response" tends to be a problem in the Mesh. You have one mesh for Zigbee and another for ZWave. By posting the tables here, we can look for standout items that are known to cause a mesh to be so busy, it can't get real work done. That's the background behind these requests to post your screen shots. :smiley:

3 Likes

If you're using Z-Wave, check if there's a Firmware Update button on your Z-Wave Details page.

• Firmware Update (D) - Appears if optional hub Z-Wave radio firmware update is available. This button will not appear if Z-Wave radio firmware is currently up to date. Note that this is hub radio firmware only; to update device firmware, use the Device Firmware Updater app (or another method the manufacturer recommends).
Z-Wave Details

1 Like

At this time it's all Z-Wave, see attached files, I have tried a Z-Wave repair with results showing failures ?

Good evening, I've been into home automation for about 40 years, I come from a Vera+ platform.

See below pics of platform results.

See the column labeled Stats?

To the right, off the edge of your screen cap, is a column labeled Route. Those two columns are quite probably the most important for this evaluation. You want to see RTT Avg: times of less than 25ms, with most being single digit. Route changes should be less than 10, with most in zero to three. These numbers assist you in knowing where the radios in the devices are struggling to reach the radios in the hub.

In the Route column, you should have ZERO blanks. You want none that look like the middle one:

We call those "ghosts" and they need to be resolved. They occur the most often as a result of an Include that didn't finish fully. Ideally you'd Exclude first, even brand new, fresh out of the box devices, because that way you get a good indication that the radios are reaching each other. Can't Exclude? Then Include is not going to work better :smiley:

In the Security column, other than locks and garage door openers (barrier devices) None is the best answer and S0 is the worst. S2 is ok, but usually unnecessary. S0 adds a lot of overhead, approximately 3x the number of packets as None. S2 is much better, but still adds a bit of overhead.

As you can tell, there's a lot we look at and you've given us half a look at one device. A Zooz4-in-1 that's got 12 neighbors, which is good, but you're using S0 on it.

I have 181 devices and they all operate in the subsecond range. 1/4 of a second is normal for me. From the time a motion sensor blinks it's led, to the time a switch comes on as a result, is typically less than half a second. (Dimmers take longer because of the ramp time.)

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 3.47.30 PM

3 Likes

Can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety? Likely you have ghosts. You also don't want to pair anything with security except door locks and garage stuff. Also I see you're using the zooz 4-in-1's. They need paired without security with the c7's other wise they will overwhelm your mesh. To pair those without security though will require a z-wave stick paired as a secondary controller using the SILabs software.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.