C7 hub will not boot up after firmware update

Hi,

Updated to .126 firmware from .124 last night and the hub briefly booted up okay. I logged in clicked on "devices" and the hub just did not respond for over 15 minutes.

I went into diagnostics page to reboot and it said it was successful but the light stayed blue.

I shutdown and unplugged the hub for 5 minutes, restarted and again the device will not go green.

I selected restore .124 from the diagnostics page and again it said it was successful but the device still does not boot up properly and the led stays blue.

Fearful that I might make matters irrecoverable, I've left it there so far and raised a support ticket but seeing it as being the weekend I'm not expecting a quick response.

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone has had similar experience and might be able to lend some advice?

I had an odd thing happen when I tried to update one of my three C7 hubs, from what was .124 to .125, as I recall.

The first two hubs are in each of our two main buildings on the property (a house, and a large garage with a studio apartment above it). The third is in a very small, one-room "tiny house" that I use as my office (called the Little Room in homage to Jack White and a great White Stripes song).

The house and the garage/studio hubs updated just fine, but the Little Room hub froze at 70%, which I didn't notice for about 24 hours after I started the update. Nothing that hub does was critical at the time, as it primarily controls the HVAC in the Little Room and the weather has been great here in Maine. I was busy so didn't bother addressing it until the next morning, when it was fine. It had finally initialized (after more than 24 hours) and yet another update was available. I went for it, and it updated to .126 without incident.

I've no idea what happened there, but all seems fine. Weird things just happen sometimes.

1 Like

Sounds like a referal to @gopher.ny may be in order..

2 Likes

Goto yourhubip:8081, do a backup and do a soft reset. Then go to So go to yourhubip:8081/?fullui , scroll to the bottom and click Install 2.2.5 . After it reboots, restore the database you backed up to your pc

2 Likes

Success!!! There's life again. Too afraid to try upgrading to latest firmware for now! Will leave it alone for a bit. Thank you @rlithgow1

1 Like

@a4refillpad Should be safe to upgrade now. You probably had database corruption

2 Likes