C7 Hub seems to be bricked now after soft reset

I have been having zigbee issues over the past couple of months so I decided to try and do a software/soft reset on the hub. I have multiple backups that I can rollback to so I wasn't concerned.

However I did the soft reset, then I was able to select a backup to go to (which was only 3 days ago) and now my hub won't come back online. I can go to the hub starting up page, it gets up to 80% "starting apps", then sits there for about 30 sec, then all of sudden I see it back down to 10%. During the time it just sits there, I can reload the page and then it's not accessible, which means the hub is forever rebooting.

I was able to pull up :8081 a few times during this "starting up" process, and I can do soft reset again, and then it just does the same thing over and over and over, it never comes up anymore. I've even tried to rollback to a previous version (it's on 2.3.3.130, and tried to roll back all the way to 2.3.1.X and it still fails to come back up ).

Need assistance please :frowning:

So now that I tried again to rollback to an older version, I get this message:
Corrupt database found
Hub cannot continue. Please try the following actions:

• Reboot the hub. Sometimes, a database file is locked but otherwise intact.
  • If that doesn't help, the hub needs a soft reset and a database restore. Click here to access diagnostics tool.

Trying reboot, then ANOTHER soft reset... wish me luck.

No luck.
However I'm now at the "Get Started" screen (which is awesome). So instead of doing restore from backup (which kept failing on me), I'm doing the initial setup Get Started process. Allowing it to update the firmware on it's own, then once everything is hopefully backup, I'll restore from my local backup.

"Update failed, please continue with current version".

Now I'm back to the "corrupt database found" message and I would have to repeat all the same things again...

Do a soft reset, then upon reboot setup like a new hub (skip rule creation) then restore from backup and see if it does the same thing

For clarification purposes, performing a Soft Reset doesn't fix a mesh problem. Before you attempt to run another Soft Reset, be sure that you have the latest Diagnostic Tool installed:

2 Likes

I can't get anywhere else in the system, it keeps rebooting and error ing. I think my hub is completely bricked :frowning:

Same thing, keeps rebooting. I get a corrupt db response and when I try to navigate to anything the entire hub reboots it's self again. I can't even get the backup and restore page to load.

Mind me asking how did you roll back? Did you use the Diagnostic Tool to do it?

Yes via port :8081.
"Restore to previous version" then selected each one 1-by-1 to see if it fixes it, but the DB is corrupt and the restores, download latest versions, etc., nothing is working.

Hmm I got this after updating to .130 as well, it just randomly reboots multiple times a day, a few times an hour. Not sure where to start. I downgraded to 2.3.3.125 last night after having many room lighting issues, then I updated to .130 again this morning to try and work through something and try out some ideas I had, and its restarted 9 times so far in the past couple hours. If I backup, and soft reset and restore would that fix any DB issues?

Please send me a private message, I'd like to take a look at your hub's engineering logs, assuming it is able to connect to the cloud.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.