C5 to C7 Migration Issues

Morning everyone,

I just got my two new C7 hubs today and migrated to them from my two C5's... I started with my backup C5 that only had apps, lan and virtual devices on it.

That seemed to go fine.

I just migrated my radio C5 with about 120 Z-wave devices and 70 Zigbee devices...

They all show up in the new C7, but I have two issues...

Z-Wave is not working. I can't seem to control anything even wall switches a few feet from the hub.

The second is not as bad but I had multiple devices shared between the two hubs using the built in hub mesh. Those devices are all red boxed showing OFFLINE and appear to not be sharing correctly...

I noticed the tokens appeared to be missing so I added each from the respective hubs and still have the errors.

I followed the migration manual exactly... Still haven't added my zigbee devices back in by doing the inclusion process yet, because I want to make sure I have z-wave and the mesh devices first...

Any thoughts? Also tagging @bobbyD

EDIT: Z-wave seems to be coming online. I am able to control some devices close to the hub...The mesh issue still isn't resolved.

Zigbee devices do not "transfer" You will have to reset each and every one and the pair to the new hub. It will the come up as a previously paired device device and put itself back where it was. As for the z-wave stuff, make sure the old hub is off. Then shut down new hub, unplug for 5 mins (the the wall not the hub itself), power back up and see if it sees the rest of the stuff

I know I have to do the zigbee devices... Just waiting to make sure I don't have to do an entire migration again.... The old C5's are unplugged and completely off... I thin z-wave is slowly working its way back... I really need to figure out the deal with the hub mesh...

Once I get that working, I will start adding the zigbee stuff back...

Anyone have any idea why the mesh isn't working?

I assume both hubs are on the same UDP/TCP setting; could try forcing a sync from one of the hubs.

You may need to re-link the meshed devices. When I moved a hub’s devices to another using cloud backup, I had to re-link the devices that pointed to that hub. There is an option to do this under “Device Information” for each linked device:

yes sir... both are on the same lan and i've done the resync a few times

Thanks @Sebastien! That was the answer... I had to go through a ton of linked devices and reset each connection like you pointed out. @bobbyD This should be placed in the migration instructions... Now onto zigbee resets...

3 Likes