C5 - Blue Light - Tried many items - only works in safe mode sometimes

if it does not fully boot it may have not done a full reset.
Try the log out and log in with a soft reset first.
you may get lucky

easy way to get your mac address for logging back in to your hub is from the http://portal.hubitat.com/ link
easier to copy and paste

I have performed soft reset, safe mode restart, hard reset and factory recovery. None of which have seemed to work. The portal website definitely shows the IP address to match what i am using.

I logged out and back in and when I go to find my hubs it will start the download update process and then it will fail as seen here.

Soft-Reset now fails and safe mode say it will reboot but never gets into safe mode.

to be clear I meant log out from the bottom of the diagnostic page (hubip:8081) and log back in again and then select soft reset
not from the portal page
not sure if timing is critical but I did it pretty fast copying and pasteing the mac address for log in and the "soft reset" command.

Totally understood. I have logged out at the bottom of diagnostic tool. Tried in incognito mode so there was no history or cache in my browser.

you may have to try a few attempts.
After logging in and out on the diagnostic page
I also noticed if I then went to the portal page and selected the hub, the Last Checkin time and date was updating correctly.

My Hubitat is brand new out of the box and I can ONLY connect in Diagnostic Mode at port 8081.

Full reset and soft reset both fail. All I can do is reboot the box which changes nothing.

Port 80 is NOT blocked on my LAN, plenty of other devices connect just fine on port 80.

I have even connected the Hubitat and my Laptop to a dumb switch directly connected to the internet.

Same results.

I have tried 4 different browsers, all the same.

App from my iPhone fails also.

Is there a way to reset via a hardware push button?

This really sucks. Brand new device!!!!

The diagnostic menu working is a big help... did you try either of the first two options yet?

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.26.57 PM

It's brand new, so the 2nd option probably isn't useful, but certainly downloading the latest and then WAITING for the 5-10 mins it takes to actually do it, is worth a try.

I don't know what your Internet speed is, but you have to wait for the download to be pulled down, then the hub checks it, etc, The hub doesn't provide any progress. It would be helpful if it did...

I just tried it on my development hub and it took 5 seconds or so, then showed a "Success" message followed by the hub rebooting, then back to the diagnostic page.

Probably worth the 5 mins... while you wait for a response from support for the ticket you submitted.

Hi Csteele,

There is NO OPTION to download a new version, only the Restore Previous Version option shows and when selected, goes to a new empty page. i.e - no previous versions shown.

My internet speed is currently 400MBps. But as I said, I don't have an option to select Download Latest Version.

1 Like

Tried to send you a screenshot of my Diagnostics page but it won't allow me.

The Topic is "Blue Light" and so I'm going to assume that is what you are seeing. I'll also assume you have a C-7, the latest.

A Blue LED means the Platform OS is not working. It may be corrupt, missing, etc. but the hub tries to load it and fails. With no previous version, it can't do any of it's automatic recoveries. :frowning:

Odd that I can get to the Diagnostics page...

And yes - box only ever shows a Blue light, never a green one. It did have a red light prior to me power cycling it once.

Just got the box today...

Odd? no.. it's designed that way specifically for this purpose, along with the other options found there. You said you did a full reset, but that option is supposed to have been "removed" (aka hidden) It's not a problem to try it in your situation, but too many people would try it out from lack of patience and then be in a worse situation.

What diagnostic menu version ? You can see it in my screenshot

There's a hidden way to get the diagnostic menu updated too...

HubIP*/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool

where you replace "HubIP*" with your hub's IP address. It needs a reasonably modern version to begin with.

Platform Version:

hub-2.2.4.158

Hardware Version:

Rev C-7

Hub ID:

blah - blah - number

IP Address:

Diagnostic Tool Version:

HubIP*/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool this fails by the way, says site is not responding.

Yes - used my IP address in place of HubIP*

Hi Csteele - have to thank you with an edit because I have to wait 23 hours to reply again... That's useful !

go ahead and remove your HubID from that screen cap, it's a bit of private info you don't want to share with anyone but Hubitat staff.

I think I'm at the end on my portion of advice-that-didn't-help.

You'll have to wait for Support and @bobbyD to provide a better solution. You have an older Diagnostic Menu and it isn't modern enough to have the upgrade option.

3 Likes

@dennett as mentioned in the Facebook group, please check your email. If you didn't get the email, please send me a private message, here in the community.

3 Likes