C4 hub - All secure devices are not working after upgrading to 2.2.3.145

So I didn't notice this until recently but all my secure devices are no longer working with firmware 2.2.3.145. I performed the upgrade on 8/13 and that's also when all the devices stopped working. When I did the upgrade, I ran into an issue with the HUB stuck at 80% when rebooting, turns out to be some issue with my DB. Support was able to find a problem with my DB that wasn't migrated properly with the previous upgrade so they fixed that issue with subsequence release of 2.2.3. I think everything was working even up to version 2.2.3.142 because I replace my Schlage lock with a warranty replacement when the hub was running 142. I was able to control the lock and Lock Manager was able to add all the lock codes. I believe things stopped working when I upgraded to 145. I tried removing my Schlage lock and repaired it with FW 1.45 but the lock still won't work. The pairing went fine.

I just downgraded to 2.2.0.129 and restore a backup from 8/12 and i am now able to controll all my secure devices again.

Things that failed: GoControl Garage door opener, Yale Zwave Lock, Kwikset Zwave Lock, Schlage ZW Plus lock.

1 Like

What security levels were your locks paired at?

I have a C4 so I don't think I can set that at all. Not even sure I know what you're asking really

1 Like

I am definately not the one to explain. But if a C4 hub had to be S0 then I think. The fact that you can reliably rollback and regain control really leaves me with the feeling something in the firmware had to change to cause this.

Just my two cents. I could be totally wrong. Here's hoping you can get it sorted.

1 Like

Not sure what to make of this anymore. Now that i'm back on 2.2.2.129, i am trying to get the schlage lock working again but it's not working at all. It paired OK (took a few times) but it pair securely. But same as before, can't get the lock to do anything.

At least my other two locks are working along with the garage doors.

This is getting really interesting. Re update the hub to 2.2.3.145 and things are still working. Only thing not working is the Schlage lock. Something must have happened during previous upgrade.

This process helped me with my Schlage locks during the past few firmware upgrades.

Thanks I'll give it a go... But I will get a live chicken to slaughter later too appease lord IoT for his blessings as well.

1 Like

Sad to report that didn't work. Now onto the backup plan.. sorry chicken..

1 Like

@cuboy29 in the device details section of the lock do you see the secure pair - true entry?

Yes it's paired secure=true

1 Like

I have the suphammer zwave sniffer and I can see the lock sending messages to the hub. Need to play with it some more.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a generic zwave driver that I can use to debug this problem? I want to add some extra logging to help identify the problem.

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder what you will see coming from the hub on the various firmware versions.

I wish I could get my Z-stick to join the hub. I have tried multiple times over the past year, and I can never get it to work.

I think the problem is my lock is not pairing successfully. I've been trying to pair for the past 1 hours and it won't pair properly. Once in a while it would pair secure=true but still doesn't work. Most of the time it never complete the pairing process. The LED on the lock does not go green. It's always red. I have the HUB sitting next to the lock but still won't pair. I can see it using other router from looking at the traffic with suphammer sniffer.

Is 60 seconds long enough for it to complete the pairing process? Maybe not enough time to finish all the exchange during pairing????

1 Like

OMG.. time for a zigbee lock.

Finally got it to paired, LED on the lock went GREEN for good pair. HUB firmware showing pair successfully with secure=true. BUT STILL CAN'T CONTROL THE MFG LOCK.

1 Like

Throw the bolt manually severql times whilst mashing the refresh button.

Anything in the logs?

OMG... Success... One key lesson learned. REPLACE YOUR BATTERY before trying to include the lock. I replaced this lock only a couple of weeks ago with fresh battery but apparently it got drained. Let see how long this new set will last.

1 Like

There is another update. It is worth a try. I have not updated to it. Still and 2.2.3.145.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.