C-8 Pro

I ordered one yesterday to replace a C7. It's already out for delivery today!

3 Likes

Did you order direct from Hubitat? Or from Amazon?

I ordered direct from Hubitat within about 10 minutes of the site going live, and I have yet to receive a shipping notification. Thus, I am just curious what process you used to order your C-8 Pro? Thx

4 Likes

Worried you won't be first ...? :wink:

3 Likes

Can the first person to get one up and running post what the free memory is after migration. I'm interested to know if there's a higher starting value. Ta

I've seen this mentioned a bunch of times, but never with evidence.

Seems unlikely that a relatively expensive commercial-grade PoE switch would cause problems, or not fully comply with the PoE standards.

I have a UDM Pro SE powering my C7 with some cheap Chinese POE splitter that cost about as much as a Happy Meal, and it works just fine. If anything, I'd expect cheapo POE splitters to be the problem, not Ubiquity devices.

Of course, this is just a single case and doesn't prove anything one way or another.

2 Likes

I ordered direct but it's coming from Amazon. They must have already had them in the Amazon Dist Center here.

1 Like

I was leaning towards a new vacuum cleaner, but a C8 Pro would be much easier to wrap. :heart:

Nothing says "I Love You" better than a smoothly running home automation system. Right guys?

10 Likes

Free resources are going to vary from person to person based on use.

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

More than one person reported issues that were resolved when the POE adapter was remove. Likewise, more than one person reported no problems when using POE. :man_shrugging:t3:

Would I try using POE with Ubiquity? Yes, but I need to rack all my gear first before I decide if it makes sense. I would also wait to make sure everything is working well before trying it. That way if things started to fail I would only have one change to troubleshoot. The C8 had a lot of issues early on. Between installing a new hub, new firmware, new devices, and a POE adapter it is entirely possible the power was a red hearing.

2 Likes

Yeah I appreciate that but they will still know if they’re starting out considerably higher than with their previous hub.

The issue isn't with the C7's, it's with the C8's , poe spitters, and unifi switches. If you change the switch it's fine. The scenario doesn't apply to the C7's. And everytime we've helped diagnose z-wave issues and that combination has been present, changing to the oem power supply has solved it or using a different poe switch. I use a c8. cheap splitter. and cisco 3750's and do not have the issue. Plug that splitter into my 8 port unifi poe switch and z-wave goes to hell in a hand basket... I hope that makes things a little clearer..

6 Likes

I have a C8, cheap splitter and all Unifi products and don't have a radio issue and that C8 actually sits 1U up from all the Unifi gear in my rack in the garage.

2 Likes

Wow, that was fast!

8 Likes

Just got mine too. I'll probably swap it tomorrow.

4 Likes

got c8 pro.. in process of installing... just doing a cloud backup and changed my mac in my router.

4 Likes

Looks like mine should show up tomorrow - unfortunately I’m going to be about 800 miles away when it shows up, so won’t get to play with it for a few days.

4 Likes

Use the remote management subscription. :wink:

4 Likes

Need the remote unbox and plug in subscription activated first, LOL

10 Likes

Get the cat to do the unbox and setup.

1 Like

I’m sure he could handle the unboxing, but not sure I’d trust him with the assembly and plugin though.

11 Likes