C-8 Pro

It depends how well you manage it.... (Just brutal.... :wink: ... and sarcastic.... )

I think yes, for Jan 2024. What we don't know and can't predict as regular users (not staff) is if there's a plan to release a Pro Only app, etc. It would be very unlike Hubitat to do so, but could be.

I'm willing to guess that there's some company that sells quite a few hubs that 'funded' this upgrade. We know that's why Bundles got added in the way they did, back then.

2 Likes

That sounds like an excellent example of who needs this upgrade.

1 Like

Oh man are you going to be living it up in your new home...

3 Likes

My man!

2 Likes

I guess that's it :point_down:t3:

every rule in rule machine or basic rules etc. is counted as an app in the counts.. actual apps are quite a few less.

ie

2 Likes

I could wrap it up for her birthday in February. :thinking:

3 Likes

that home still needs at least a motion temp and leak sensors..

1 Like

A perfect husband! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

If he was married to himself... :wink:

4 Likes

Aren't we all, in a way?

3 Likes

And yet I've been reminded more than a few times, at least one "officially"
...not to rely on HE as a Home Security Device. Oh. OK. Liability-speak is what that is.

I think this is proof that, Security Applications or not, we're at or above that level when it comes to needing reliability (and perhaps even redundancy) as HE becomes an operational centerpiece on your property.

I rely on "no one needs this guy" as a Home Security Device.

related.. anyone know when doing the backup and restore to the new hub.. do unrelated settings copy over, like zigbee power, zigbee channel etc.

2 Likes

I don't feel like I am married to @ogiewon ..... :wink:

1 Like

I know, but you wish you were. :wink:

1 Like

As far as I remember my power and channel settings transferred from C8 to C8 when I had a replacement C8 sent to me. But it's been a while so not 100% sure. I don't remember having to modify those settings after a migration.

1 Like

I can confirm, I didn't change anything after C-8 to C-8 migration.

3 Likes

I couldn't add devices reliably while I powered my C8 via PoE. Took me a while and some help here in the forum to figure out...