C-7 Zwave Device "Refresh"

On the C-7 hubs, each device on the zwave details page has a status, and a refresh button.

What exactly does hitting refresh do (I have my guesses, but thought I would ask)? I ask because there are multiple devices on my page listed as unknown or not responding, and hitting refresh does not change that. They are all mains powered devices - no battery powered devices at all on the hub.

Yet those same devices work perfectly on the hub from the device details page. So I don't think there is actually a "problem" per se.

So it made me curious.

1 Like

This is pretty common for sleepy devices.. This status will change after they wakeUp.

Basically it means the cached node information is stale.

They are all mains powered devices, so I wasn't expecting that. GE dimmers, Hank power monitoring outlet, Aeotec LED Strip come to mind.

Again, not really a problem, was just curious.

:thinking: Yea.. Mains powered should be able to refresh.. Did you refresh the page after?

I did. I only messed with it a few minutes last night though. I'll test it more tonight.

At any rate.. It’s not directly indicative of a problem..

2 Likes

That's what I thought, too.

Everything is working great on my C-7 hub so far. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s awesome.. Glad to hear it!

1 Like

For what it is worth (nothing, likely) I did a zwave repair, and everything shows as OK right now, :man_shrugging:

Side note, I realized I have a few more S2 capable devices (GE/Jasco) so I'll try pairing them tonight. Just a few devices, but it is another S2 data point at least.

The first step in zwaveRepair is a node information refresh.. So that's to be expected.. The only ones that wouldn't are sleepy end devices..

1 Like

Let me know if you have any trouble