Off-topic rant about security

Unfortunately the 700 series repeaters aren't yet available here in Australia.

That said, aside from some of the routes being what I would describe as odd and there are a handful of devices running at 9.6kpbs, everything in my ~30 device mesh is working well on .145.

Let the network settle.. Plus I got busy :man_shrugging:

it did finally switch to the 77 4c route which is a little better .. after repairs.. still strange but at least they are both repeaters..
what is still strange is its going to 77 first (nice it is an aeon ve r7 repeater literally 8 feet from the hub, but then what is strange is its going to the mbr repeater two rooms over from the hub a aeon ver 6 repeater.. then back to the hub.. go figure..

0x48 (072) OK in: 0x5E, 0x26, 0x33, 0x70, 0x85, 0x59, 0x72, 0x86, 0x7A, 0x73, 0x5A, out: Basement Freezer Repeater None 01 -> 77 -> 4C -> 48 40kbps

0x77 (119) OK in: 0x5E, 0x55, 0x9F, 0x6C, out: LR Extender S2 Authenticated 01 -> 77 100kbps

0x4C (076) OK in: 0x5E, 0x26, 0x33, 0x70, 0x85, 0x59, 0x72, 0x86, 0x7A, 0x73, 0x5A, out: Master Bedroom Repeater None 01 -> 4C 100kbps

actually im reading it backwards so it makes total sense becuase the mbr repeater is right about the basement one. so it goes to that firs tthen the lr one then the hub..

cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

How should the speed that shows in the Zwave details tab work into a consideration on the health of the network?

And all of us with C-7 hubs thank you for that.

4 Likes

Are these the "700 series" range extenders I see mentioned repeatedly? Alarm Range Extender | Ring

1 Like

The ring gen 2 is 700, the gen 1 is 500.. Plus it has battery backup, so your routes won’t get all messed up when you have a power outage.

So the one I linked is the one I am looking for then? That is all I was wanting to make sure of. I was not seeing the "700" in any of the specs on any of them that I was looking at. Just thought I would ask before I clicked pay in the checkout cart.

1 Like

Yea... Not sure why they didn’t advertise that it’s 700 series.. But they really never intended their devices to be used on other hubs.

But these Ring gen2 repeaters are my favorite repeaters at the moment.

5 Likes

Now fair warning.. They don’t like C5 (they stop reporting when not included with S2)

2 Likes

Isn't all the Ring Gen2 gear 700 series? I'm thinking it could be a nice budget friendly option for contact sensors.

1 Like

Yes.. It is.. And we have built-in drivers for all of them.. They are good devices.

4 Likes

Is the ability to detect when on battery power exposed? (So, for instance, have a routine to shut things down if power has been out for 30 minutes or similar?)

1 Like

Yes.. The driver changes power source from mains to battery.. You can use that to detect power outages.

3 Likes

That alone is worth it

1 Like

Exactly.. They are cheap, well built, and extra features.

5 Likes

Where were you several weeks ago when I picked up a repeater!? :wink:

2 Likes

Here

4 Likes

OK, I deserved that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes