Off-topic rant about security

@bobbles
Ok, thanks anyway
@erktrek
Ok, I'll give that a try. They are all removed from my C4, no problems.
Thanks

Yes I re-enrolled them with all the check boxes cleared, the system seemed to stabilize a bit overnight but still seeing some slowness and items not updating on the dashboards. I replaced the 7 Leviton Zwave outlet modules with Zwave plus modules this morning. Hopefully this will assist the system in its speed and stabilization :question: :question: :question:

If someone is looking for 7 Leviton VRPA1-1LW Vizia RF + Scene Capable Z-Wave Plug-In Appliance Modules they are listed on e"pond" they always worked without issue on the ST hub.

I also received the UZB7 this morning and was happy to find there are no ghosts to remove.

Oh and the repeaters are version 1.1

Hopefully the next firmware release will address the S2 issue as I would like to run the locks on the Hubitat instead of the Qolsys.

So I now leave the HE to stabilize itself while I concentrate on some labor day weekend drinking :beers:

1 Like

There are a couple fixes in 1.2. Principally "resolutions for Power Level and Indicator" command class issues. Not sure if there is anything that will help with your situation, but it can't (shouldn't :slight_smile:) hurt.

Do you have a link to the 1.2 firmware, I am not finding it on their site.

Thx

I noticed something with the Z-Wave radio if it hasn't been mentioned before. When trying to get rid of a ghost node, if you hit remove, refresh, discover etc (mostly remove) it will tie up the radio so you can't excluded / include anything until you reboot the hub.

5 Likes

This is the single most intelligent post I have seen on this forum in weeks.
:smiley:

1 Like

WOOT.

HE team is banging them out. Hope this helps folks who've still been having issues.

Thanks for that info you gave me earlier. I've had the C4 for a long time and managed to get most of my devices moved over to the C7. I just excluded them from C4 and C7, then added to C7.
I wish I had planed a little better and taken some snapshots of my dashboards. Will take me a while to get those back were I liked them. "Proper planing prevents piss poor performance"
Thanks again.

2 Likes

They have cleared all my issues. I am glad i switched over from smartthings now!

2 Likes

Very true for me, just switched over as well. Things are looking very good right now.

2 Likes

Pre-Ezlo it was for sure, post Ezlo they ignored their own release guidelines.

2.2.3.145 is in the building with Z-Wave mojo like you can't believe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bcopeland wow you guys really don’t mess around! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They are pumping out releases like there's no tomorrow. Hoping the Z-Wave repair updates are what folks need to set things right.

2 Likes

I was thinking of starting a new topic “feedback from a new customer - HE updates are amazing!” :rofl:

Seriously tho, the update process on HE is incredible for someone coming from Vera (like many things really).

The update process tells you exactly what it’s doing which I love. Compared to the experience on Vera where it basically tells you to come Back in 15 minutes to find out if your hub Has been bricked. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

They don't have it up for general download, however they have told me that I could "pass it around to anyone" if I want. So here you go: Aeotec RE7 firmware 1.02 . Note that it's a gbl file, so it requires PC Controller and a stick to update.

1 Like

Bryan Copeland’s Z-Wave Binary Firmware updater handles .gbl files.

Neither versions seem to work with S2 pairing right now, so Z-stick might not be a bad idea.

1 Like

Did they say what all was addressed in this firmware release?

And, any idea when they might make it available themselves?

Thanks!

So, when I started the update, it said I needed to do the two step process.
1: Update the hub
2:Go to the Zwave section and click update firmware

On the second step, it said my firmware was already up to date. Did I miss something?

1 Like