Off-topic rant about security

Just added a new extender (3rd one--Ring one this time). It didn't include right at all the first time.

It hung/stopped after the pop up for the security types and the pop up for the DSK code. It started "Including..." and froze.

However, after rebooting the hub, I was able to remove several "ghost devices" AND it managed to show the Ring Extender that previously was a ghost.

Guessing this is all due to the "issues" hopefully being resolved soon with the C-7.

Note: Also, prior to the re-boot of the hub, I was getting a BUNCH of "Z-Wave is busy" messages in the logs when I was trying to removed ghost devices, etc.

Well damn. I'm stuck in this rut too :cry:
Wish I'd seen this thread BEFORE I unpaired all my switches from my ST-V3 Hub so I could add them to my new HE-C7

Ugh I guess I'll have to pair them all back to ST while waiting for this fix. Of course this means they'll all have new ID's and none of the rules will work unless I redo them too. I'll probably try to live without the rules for a little while so I hope this fix is TOP PRIORITY and coming really really soon. :pray:

Well. Look at some of the topics about migrating a Z-Wave network between hubs.

You might be able to play games with the "DNI/Device network Id" in the device details. That should keep the rules and stuff for you.

Will, that part is relative/subjective... :wink:

They are definitely aggressively working on it though!

2 Likes

That it is

6 Likes

Should have checked the stickies before I spent so many hours pulling my hair out.

/waits_patiently_for_a_fix

2 Likes

Waits patiently for "stickies."

2 Likes

You don't need a "stickie", you already found the pertinent thread - this one. :slight_smile:

I take issue with that. Just because I can find it doesn't mean it is easy for others. Pertinent ongoing issues really should be "stickied." My understanding is that this forum software doesn't enable them. Maybe there should be a separate topic group that would be "Communications from staff" with comments blocked.

1 Like

Good grief. It was a joke.

1 Like

Don't misread it. But it is unfortunate that sticky isn't possible. It would prevent lots of people from stumbling endlessly through the dark and much wheel reinventing. :wink:

2 Likes

You can also watch this topic for all new Releases as it gets appended to every time:

PS, Im a total HE noob and I found this topic in a few seconds.

"News and Updates" gets very few posts. It basically IS the sticky section, and it's quite prominent if you're looking around. Some people stumble endlessly no matter the illuminance level. :wink:

3 Likes

Agree...the lack of ability for HE to lock important messages at the top of forums is a surprising gap that I wasn't awar of. It's fine they don't allow customers to do that, but they should have the abilty to save customers time and frustration w/significant issues of this kind by providing "in your face" messaging that makes it as easy as possible for customers - a great (or at least much better) customer experience that way.

1 Like

It is a bit odd, I thought this forum software did support pinned topics.

I take it this is linked to the fibaro ubs refresh failures on my c7?

Thanks for the updates, quicker it comes, quicker I can sack off this festering turd that is my ST box.

= )

Likewise, although in my case it's my Vera Plus which just drained 2 of my z-wave sensors batteries in the last 48 hours for no particular reason. :rage:

1 Like

No matter what teething issues I've found with my new C-7, my Vera Plus is now powered down and I'm happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lucky you...My VERA still does the job.... IIn my C7 im struggling with every device..... Nothing seems to work... Hope the 2.2.3 update comes asap....

1 Like

For what it's worth. I am building a new home, move in dates is in 2 weeks. I have around 50 inovelli switches (LZW31-SN Dimmers and LZW30 ON/Off). C7 Hub arrived recently, my electrician buddy was scratching his head on the install until i mentioned i needed to adjust the settings for 3 and 4 ways. I showed up to quickly join the dimmers to hub to help him (stopping at batches of 20 for repair for a few hours each) instead of doing the tap settings. Turned out to be not so quick with this bug, but i did get them all added and configured. For those still trying to add devices now instead of waiting for an update, the workaround mentioned in the thread works. This was my experience:

1. Enter inclusion mode, triple tap switch config button.
  2. Within seconds you will get the security setting options, un-check them all. (personally i only want that on door locks anyways for future).
  3. Most of the time, i then got the prompt to "ok" match the leading digits, but not always.
  4. From there it goes to "initializing" within seconds. ~15% of the time, the switch then paired correctly.
  5. For those that just hang at initializing, quickly reboot the hub, then go to Settings-Z-Wave Details, click "discover" on the switch that is hanging.

this worked every time.

I am now on to firmware updates, thank you @bcopeland that tool was amazing. Worked great on all the reds, all my black switches have the "sleepy" bug and i am working. So much better than needing to join them to another network to update. can't thank you enough.

5 Likes