Off-topic rant about security

I still have switches that were added previously, and used to work at one time, that the hub still can't control. Control of door locks is very erratic. Very little luck adding anything new - I was able to get a Innovelli 2-channel plug to join but several other switches (Leviton & GE) don't show any indication of trying to join (don't show the initializing message) (yes, I am doing a reset first and un-pairing). I am not having any issues pairing them back to my old Smartthings hub.

The latest hot fix helps but I'm still having trouble doing inclusions and get this message in the logs.

@bcopeland I am still on 2.2.2.129 and have a bunch of Inovelli LZW30 switches paired to the C7 with S2. Occassionally one random switch will stop responding to remote commands and automations, but physical control still works. All other switches work as expected during this period. Please note it's the not the same switch that causes issues, it's a different switch every time. I am not seeing anything helpful in the logs. Rebooting the hub fixes the issue. Is this a Zwave lockup issue? Does the latest firmware version include fixes for individual switch lock up issue?

Yes.. I highly recommend doing the updates

Thank you, I will try updating soon. Do you have an insight as to why only one switch will randomly stop responding while all the others work?

Here we go again... :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Still testing so I donโ€™t want to say everything is fixed yet but definitely seeing an improvement on the first couple of things I tested.

And Iโ€™d much rather have the team kicking out updates quickly in an agile fashion then holding everything waiting to ensure they had addressed 100% of the issues so Iโ€™m not complaining about getting another update 24-hrs from the last one.

13 Likes

I agree completely. Keep 'em coming!

4 Likes

After the latest hot fix all is see is:

Do you have the zwave poller running?

He's not the only one. Here's my C7, running today's update, no polling. Hub is sending out constant Busy Zwave network messages...

I have a ghost device in my Zwave Details device list, evidently a relic of a failed inclusion, that is likely the cause of my issues according to staff.

No zwave repair isn't running. I have a bunch of ghost devices I can't get rid of.

Is there anyone who has successfully removed C7 ghosts via the "PC Controller" route? Can you do it with a Z-Stick/UZB-3 or do you need a UZB-7 (or any other 700 series stick)?

Same. 10 second interval on mine.

sys:12020-08-26 08:35:10.645 am warn Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.
sys:12020-08-26 08:35:00.714 am warn Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.
sys:12020-08-26 08:34:50.605 am warn Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.
sys:12020-08-26 08:34:40.684 am warn Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.
sys:12020-08-26 08:34:30.584 am warn Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

Do you have a ghost node?

Just wanted to chime in, also seeing ghost nodes and network busy in the middle of the night, when network should be anything but busy

Sorry, should have said. Yes, and I am unable to remove it under 2.2.3.135 despite various attempts and cold restarts.

I got rid of 3 with a uzb-7 but just about any stick will work.

1 Like

I got the same "Z-Wave network busy situation after updating to 2.2.3.135 on my C-7 - not immediately, it did work normally for several hours first. I'd not yet seen this under earlier software versions.

I shut down the hub and removed power for 30 seconds, and it's been working without problems since then, probably for 8-9 hours. Despite some issues with inclusion the C-7 has mostly worked ok for me so far, so I'm hoping this doesn't return. I have had ghost devices in the past but I think I'd successfully removed them all before this update.

I haven't tried a full-network repair even though most of the devices are plain Z-Wave (not Plus) - not sure if it will make things better or worse. I have repaired a handful of individual devices which were showing as "FAILED" though I suspect they would have been fine without.

On the inclusion front I still can't include a Leviton DZPD3-2BW. I still need to test a couple of fibaro contact sensors which tried to include but never quite made it under .118 and .119 (these failure were probably the source of most ghost devices)