Off-topic rant about security

Stay tuned

5 Likes

@bcopeland Nobody's rushing you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sometime today, hopefully within the next few hours, we're waiting on the last engineer to chime in...

6 Likes

Thanks @mike.maxwell!

1 Like

<In best SW/FW Engineer voice>

I've finished retyping all the code with CAPS LOCK ON.

It looks great to me, SHIP IT!

They DID IT!

5 Likes

Folks, make sure you read the entire 2.2.3 release post - there is a radio FW update step that is completed manually after the basic hub FW update. If you're like me, a five year old in an adult's body and madly hit the Check for Updates button after only scanning down a few lines into the 2.2.3 release post, you're going to miss out on the radio FW update!

7 Likes

Yes, the manual firmware update is critical for the C-7s.... Don't miss that step!

2 Likes

Radio FW update in process, about 25%.

Excited blood pressure increase in process, about 140/120.

Not sure what will happen first, radio update, or 911 call. :wink:

3 Likes

This code has spaces instead of tabs <-- Vigorously hits deny Pull Request button >

2 Likes

Damn you, I did a spit take and spewed coffee into my laptop screen and keyboard.

I will hunt you down and pour a cup of coffee on your hub.

:wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Been waiting for 6 days for it every hour. Today i devices to go out and drink som beers instegs of klickning on updatebutton...
so now i drink beer insted of updateing.. snor so bad anyway... leta hope i dont have a pain in my hait tomorrow!

5 Likes

OK, this is both reassuring and confusing, @bcopeland, @mike.maxwell.

The same dialog reappeared w/confirmation of the update, and the Update Firmware button appearing again. I presume I'm done and can hit close...might want to take a note that this is confusing (at least to me). Awaiting conirmation before I tap "close" and begin the adventure that is 2.2.3.

1 Like

if you click it again it will tell you that its already updated...
we are aware that there's some UI tuning we need to do at some point

8 Likes

Great, thanks! Off to 2.2.3 until my tiny little fingers wear out.

1 Like

I might wait for a couple hotfixes before attempting to upgrade to 2.2.3. Seems like a major upgrade, and don't want to take any chances

If you have a C7, there's really no point in waiting, but choices are good right?

2 Likes

This is a pretty hot fix! :slight_smile:

Sure is :smiley:

@rob9 It's too hot for me. Need it to cool down a bit :smiley:

1 Like

If you have a C-7 and are experiencing any of the Include problems that have been discussed, then this release is a big step forward. If you are NOT having any of the problems, then certainly waiting a hotfix or two is a great idea.

In other words, if the pain is reduced by taking this pill, but does not entirely eliminate the pain, is it good enough? Is the improvement enough? :smiley:

5 Likes