C-5 Z Wave Plus

I didn't have too many issues with my Z-Wave locks, but I have had ZERO issues with my zigbee Yale locks. So I agree with you!

1 Like

Yea I hear you guys. Philips Hue bulbs are zigbee and Ive never once had them NOT listen to me instantly and its been years. Schlage assuming theyre staying in business, said theyre are out of the lock I bought until at least 2023. And I really wanted it to match my front door lock that I've had for 8 years. Lets call it an OCD thing lol I found one froma reputable seller for a good price on Ebay. Z Wave was my only optoin. Plus Im definitly not gonna pay 200 to replace the lock I already have at front door. So here I am learning the ways of Z Wave. lol

1 Like

I've read this several times until it finally started to make sense. With all of this being said.....My new lock installed that I've been asking for help with. The batteries just died on my after only a couple weeks. REplaced them this morning and everythings fine again. My orignal lock has been going for about 4 years now and the battery is still on 60%. Is this Z Wave related causing it to constantly wake up? I did finally buy repeaters that will be here next week. Hoping this will fix that issue?

@user1518 Post a copy of your z-wave details page. You may have some issues with your mesh causing the drain. A good option is using a beaming repeater near the lock to force the lock to go there conserving power. There are a couple of things it may be

Ok cool thanks. I have 2 Aotec 6's(Almost got the Rings like you recommended but got these 2 for 20, couldnt pass up the deal lol) coming to me in a few days. I plan on putting one in the same room as this lock. I'll get that details page when theyre in place.

1 Like

You may mind that putting it about 2/3rds of the way from the lock to the hub works better.. Regardless, don't expect it to find it right away; it may find it faster if you do an individual zwave repair on the lock after installing the Aotec, or not.

2 Likes

Yeah apologies...

_beatadeadhorse

Once you get things sorted Z-Wave devices do tend to just keep working in my experience.

2 Likes

Is this all youre looking for? It's the Basement Lock that had the battery drain.

Also The Logs havent updated in a while, though the lock still seems to be working when I press lock or unlock

I forgot you had a c5. With the C7 it's much easier to tell where things are. That said, a beaming repeater near the basement lock will likely solve your battery drain issue.

1 Like

Anyone know how to pair the Aeotec stuff? I plugged them in and they are just flashing a little red light. If I press or hold down the button on the side it keeps flashing red.

Did you follow the pairing instructions (assuming you did get the ver6 of the repeaters you mention above)

You may have to either factory reset these, exclude them before inclusion (or both) before including them.

yea I just got it to pair. It shows up in Hubitat now. Instead of blinking it a solid red light now. That feels so wrong to me. I dont know of any equipment that gives a red light unless theres an error. Is tehre somtehing I can do in hubitat to assure its working ?

As far as those instructions I tried resetting initially and it never changed color.s just kept blinking red the whol time. Im about 18" away form the hub while doing this.

What happens if I can’t exclude a device? You recommended the ring alarm repeaters but I got a good deal on eBay for the Aeotec ones. Got three of them for $55. Figured it was worth a shot. One of them the light is already solid when I plug it in when it’s supposed to be blinking . No matter what I do exclude isn’t working and a quick Google search tells me to use some aeon hub or minimote which I def don’t have. Is there someway I can override this or is this one headed to the trashcan

They were probably used devices. You will have to do a factory reset, and/or exclude them from Hubitat before you can include them.

Which exact device (please give the exact model from the tag on the back) are these? You haver thrown around a bunch of different devices and they all require different procedures. Don't go by what the listing says, or what you think they are, please verify the number.

1 Like

Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS repeater. Yea they’re def used . I knew that when purchasing . I didn’t realize This part would be an issue.

Those are Zwave (non plus) https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/752. All original zwave (non plus) devices need to be excluded (and then later included) within radio range of the hub.

I buy used zwave devices from ebay all the time and have never had a problem just doing an exclude followed by an include.

2 Likes

I choose add device I search by brands and pull up the exact model number. I hit exclude. And when the number starts counting down I tap the only button there is on the repeater. It stays solid nothing happens. I’ve tried 20 times. Am I missing something?

I would do:
Settings->Z-wave Details->Zwave Exclude

Then plug in the repeater within RF range of your hub. According to the manual, you press the button on the repeater once to exclude. Hubitat should say "1 device excluded.".

2 Likes

I don't know if it's just me or all C5's, but that procedure gave me no indication it was doing anything.

To get any feedback during the process I ended up going through the Devices > Add Device > Z-Wave > page, and clicking on the Start Z-Wave Exclusion button.

3 Likes

Maybe Settings->Z-wave Details->Exclude isn't actually functional on the C5 and earlier? A bug perhaps? I keep forgetting C7 is different. I should stop "helping" with C5 based questions! :slight_smile:

Using the Devices->Add Device->Zwave pathway to exclude something is not intuitive to me, so I've never used it under the C7.

2 Likes